Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheds with Beds

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sheds with Beds

BBC news Item
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13335602
Does anyone think there is something illegal going on here?
9 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sheds with Beds

yes a generally they dont have any sanitation facilities and
Slough Council in Berkshire said a number of garden structures were being rented out unlawfully.
nadger
Rising Star

That's been known to be happening in Slough for many years.
Community Veteran

There was a report on TV last night.  It seems to be fairly widespread. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Wonder where the census sent the questionnaires to? Don't remember seeing a question asking if you have beds in your shed on my forms!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
There was a report on TV last night.  It seems to be fairly widespread. 

Doesn't surprise me and frankly i can only see this becoming worse with the property market being held up by estate agent hype and banks with their 'bargain' mortgages. Britain will no longer be great, it will become the land of the slums  Shocked
I remember 9 years ago people saying that the property market would crash in a couple of years.. "it's got to" they'd say. It hasn't. The more people have hoped for it the more desperate they've become to get a property while they still can. Despite the banking crisis the estate agents are still convincing sellers their property is worth more than it is and artificially keeping the housing market afloat. How on earth houses are expected to sell with so little money flowing around I'll never know.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

House prices did drop, quite a bit, as a result of the banking crisis and, at the end of the day, are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.
Estate agents who quote inflated valuations do so to get customers on the books but the property won't attracted viewers or buyers.
I thought that mortgages were more difficult to obtain these days and that bargain mortgages were a thing of the past.
Not having had a mortgage for eleven years I'm not up to date but we always had long term mortgages - our last was for 15 years.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

When most mortgages are 25 year i'd hardly call 15 years long term.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: okrzynska
I'd hardly call 15 years long term.
Depends on where you're serving it  Wink
Community Veteran

Nadger, you are absolutely right.  A house is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.  Additionally before a mortgage can be granted a building society will satisfy itself the price is realistic in case there is a default and they have to repossess the house and sell it to clear the indebtedness.