cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

She's not talking to me...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Been married today thirty five years, and she's nite not talking to me.
I always had a policy of agreeing with everything she says, in public anyway, but it seems it isn't always the best policy.
She said to me "thirty five years...it's like three life sentences".
I think I hesitated for too long before I said" I wouldn't change a thing".
She looked at me and asked if I was "being sarcastic", I said "no, but I know what you mean about three life sentences" (thinking I was doing the right thing).
Ah well, at least I'm not sleeping in the shed! Sad
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: She's not talking to me...

Grin
Women huh? They get their knickers in a twist if you delay marrying them and they get them in a twist if they're married and stuck with you  Crazy
I've been with mine almost ten years. Proposed last year, she said yes and since then we've had a ton of squabbles. Then she starts moaning about wanting to get married ASAP (like there is some sort of rush) and then when I say i want to get my health right first it all goes south again.. and i find myself thinking i'm right to delay further.
What women don't understand is that they're just as much of a pain with their nagging. I'd of married her years ago (if I could have afforded it) if she'd kept her gob shut and stopped nagging back then. She didn't I lost 3 friends over her and half my health too as she colluded with a doctor years ago over something which consequently had a major chain reaction with the rest of my health. Then she wonders why i stall?  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

What gets me is they 'fall' for you because you're different or a rebel - then spend the rest of their lives trying to change you and make you into their perfect man.
So...We delete this thread now in case they see it-right?  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Marriage ain`t all it`s cracked up to be...... for some.... me included !.... had 3 goes at it,...... Still dream about my first "serious" girlfriend........ ( way back in 1965 )
Think about her at least twice a week.... and how lucky she is that she decided we were not to be..... !...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

There was a woman who was worried about the order of  the wedding service
Her friend said don't  worry first you walk down the aisle then you stand at the altar then you sing a hymn
She was heard going down the aisle saying "aisle - altar - hymn"
Grin Grin Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Grin Grin Smiley Angry Cry
Fixes: 125

And your problem with that is...? Wink Cheesy Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

You'd think she'd have learnt by now - number of times she's said "you don't listen to anything I say".  Smiley
nanotm
Pro

wow the only time I get peace n quiet on my anniversary is if I get her to pass out ..... lucky sod
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

And this union of man and woman is to ensure the continuation of our species..... Undecided
It's a wonder we're still here.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nadger
Rising Star

We got married 3 days after my birthday so no real excuse for forgetting wedding anniversary.
I didn't get her a card one year and that is remembered more  than the other 48 when I did get her a card  Wink
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
And this union of man and woman is to ensure the continuation of our species..... Undecided
It's a wonder we're still here.

It comes down to when they have finished breeding, they just don't want to know, unless they have something up their sleeves
TORPC
Grafter

Community Veteran

beats me why people get married at all.  even as a kid i could see it wasn't much fun for most folk. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: doris
What gets me is they 'fall' for you because you're different or a rebel - then spend the rest of their lives trying to change you and make you into their perfect man.

I know! It makes absolutely no sense at all.
I met mine, we fell in love and then she found aspects of my life that she felt needed to change to make me 'right' for her. WTF is that all about? - She didn't seem to realise that I was then no longer the same person  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!