cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

She's behind you, Oh No she isn't............Oh YES she is...........

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

She's behind you, Oh No she isn't............Oh YES she is...........

Who is that in Blue ?
9 REPLIES
Infinity
Pro

Re: She's behind you, Oh No she isn't............Oh YES she is...........

Photo Bombed by QE II
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Methinks this is her visit to the news room, as featured on the tv news at lunchtime today !
Fixes: 47

At least she had the decency not to be waving her arms or phoning friends on her mobile.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro

She only waves her right arm, and wherever she is, the minders have a box that blocks all mobile traffic !!!
Certainly in public they do.
I know !!!

But she is smiling.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

As this quote is from the Times and behind a pay wall I won't bother with a link
Indeed, the only time during her visit to Broadcasting House when the Queen looked less than delighted was when she had to sit through a song by the Irish band the Script and the guest singer, Indiana, in the Radio 1 Live Lounge.
The look on her face as she endured a cover version of David Bowie’s Heroes was a classic of its kind: purse-lipped, stony-faced and displaying not the faintest semblance of any pleasure whatsoever. That she managed a solitary clap at the end was a triumph of good manners over sincerity.
Infinity
Pro

nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
The look on her face as she endured a cover version of David Bowie’s Heroes was a classic of its kind: purse-lipped, stony-faced and displaying not the faintest semblance of any pleasure whatsoever. That she managed a solitary clap at the end was a triumph of good manners over sincerity.
Brilliant description - wonder who arranged for her to sit in on the performance  Embarrassed
Overall she's starting to look the little old lady that she is - the nations grandmother seems a fair description.
I seem to recall, back in 1947, a 12 year old boy collecting engine numbers at the end of a London platform when the royal train pulled out to take her on her honeymoon. Back in those days I didn't really know what all the fuss was about.
Community Veteran

I was born in 1948 within two weeks of Charles. So I remember and always picture Her Maj as the young mother she was then. Beautiful  Smiley
I'm sure she doesn't feel like a little old lady and Phil the Greek was always a man's man with a good sense of humour - and Liz fell for him and it has been a romance lasting 60 odd years  Roll eyes
They have always been a positive in my life and I'm glad I'm a British Subject.
And she's still working as the BBC visit testifies  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

She 87 years old and I think she does a fantastic job for her age.  Many half her age wouldn't be able to have her workload.  Good luck to her Cool