She hasn't aged very well

Steve
Pro

She hasn't aged very well

12 REPLIES
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Re: She hasn't aged very well

I like "amid growing popularity". If she vanished into thin air tomorrow, I doubt many would care or notice. That said, at least shes 70 and looks 70. Celebrities and that, who try to fight off aging with various successes in cosmetic surgery creep me out. It's that "uncanny valley" thing.

Steve
Pro

I have a neighbour who is over one hundred years old and looks much better.

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Genes and I think Camilla used to be a heavy smoker. As a heavy smoker myself, I know that by the time I'm 60 or 70 I'm going to look like a piece of dried out leather. Look at Keith Richards for example.

Steve
Pro

I was a heavy smoker myself spent most of my life on almost 40 rollies a day. I stopped 4-5 years ago when I discovered the e-cig. Be interesting to see how I turn out by that age. 

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

I've tried getting into e-cigs. But I've yet to find one that gave me that "oomph" of nicotine you get from smoking a regular cigarette. I've seen plenty of 18mg brands and flavours, and tried them too. But it's still not enough to wean me off cigarettes full time. 24mg is much harder to come across in the shops (at least here in Northern Ireland).
Steve
Pro

Yeah them things are really no use for heavy smokers you can get all kinds of machines and setups online which is better than what shops offer. I just weaned off 24MG  since new regulations came into force in May. Surprisingly 18MG now is fine for me.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

speaking purely as someone that transitioned from 30 a day to ecigs I can say that my preferred tank is the crown on 0.5ohm coils running at 30watts and I dropped from 24mg down to 3mg in about 6 months, that was 18 months ago and since I enjoy using it i'm not going to give it up /

my personal experience was that if I used "a starter kit" I needed 24mg nic, but as soon as I moved up to a kanger tank and half ohm coils (shop bought) I found I needed way less nic in the e-juice, as to the availability of the 24mg you wont find it anywhere legally now (you can thank the EU for that one) but like I said I am finding that lower strength on higher wattage faster airflow units is better, and I still get he first one of the day feeling,

a guy on another forum suggested that I moved form the pen type device to a regulated mod and a sub ohm tank if for no other reason than to save money, I took the plunge and to be honest I haven't looked back in over 2 years I haven't even wanted a [-Censored-], about the only thing that annoyed me was the price of the kit, although ive saved that much on the cost of buying baccy in the shop it really did pay for itself in under a year despite my needing to buy more than a dozen things before I settled for one

oh and increase the pg content for less clouds and more of a throat hit, several juice vendors online will do you the juices in different vg/pg mixes persona favourites have to rejuiced and liquid oh and I use canavape as well but that's more of a pain relief thing, although some folks buy their stuff because despite not getting you high (zero thc) it still smells /tastes like weed (god only knows why anyone would want that especially when you can have flavoured stuff like vanilla custard) 

oh and if you are going down the sub ohm route and you were on 24mg for a good hit, then i'd say buy 12mg juice, it mights sound like a tiny amount but your getting at least twice as much due to the way they kit works that much better, and I use both angled and spit guard drip tips because I hate getting gob fulls of hot liquid when you get the inevitable crackles

(pro tip, if you start getting a headache or feeling a bit jittery stop using the vape it means your getting too much nic and you need some fresh air) 

hopefully it works for you as it worked for me 

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Steve
Pro

Some pretty sound advice there from @nanotm for anyone wanting to give it a bash. Yeah the 10ml bottle rule is also courtesy from the EU now instead of one 50ml bottle you have to get 5 10ml bottles. Unless you go the DIY route.
Minivanman
Hero

She looks fine to me for her age.

No fan of royalty, but give the lady a break I say.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I'm fortunate in retaining my good looks of when I was 21, in my mind's eye at least.   It's just the modern foul youngsters who say I look my age.  Next thing, they'll be expecting me to act my age.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

To mark her 70th Birthday, the Palace have released this new portrait or the parasitic pair.

Photoshopped or what, you tell me.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Clearly photoshopped to hide their space lizard ancestry. You can see Charles human skin is starting to slip on the left side of his face. He's got an Edgar the bug from Men In Black vibe going on.