cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shale Gas

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shale Gas

We are starting to import shale gas from the US.

The SNP are opposed to fracking in Scotland.

Will gas obtained from fracking in England be used in Scotland ?

7 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Shale Gas

Are we actually producing the stuff at the moment?

Also.....given that Labour have said they will ban it if they get elected....... Seems it's all up in the air at the moment, or should that be down in the ground where it belongs. Thumbs Up

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/26/fracking-no-shale-gas-wells-to-be-drilled-in-uk-...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

the shale gas is being used by Ineos in their chemical plant as a feedstock. Ineos are behind most of the Fracking applications in the UK 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37474396

http://www.desmog.uk/2016/07/19/chemical-giant-ineos-plans-30-frack-wells-uk-within-months

Ineos are trying to save their plant in scotland by adopting the most economic source of gas.

Its strainge that the SNP & the Labour party is against Fracking when another industry and big employer of their potential voters is potentially going to the wall Crazy2

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's a bit two faced to say we will not allow fracking but at the same time have no problem in using shale gas from other countries

Minivanman
Hero

Certainly strange opposition from the SNP given that without 'home sourced' gas from fracking they will see it shut down completely in a few years. It's all about money of course and I do seem to recall that the Scottish government invested more than a few bob in the venture.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

We already have fracking on a small scale in the south IIRC. There were also recent applications for fracking elsewhere. I know they were being challenged in the courts but was a judgement reach?

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed, but as gleneagles has pointed out perhaps they will use gas from fracking carried out in England and Wales -assuming it is given the green light.

Hypocritical and two faced either way though.

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Hypocritical and two faced either way though.

That's the SNP for you Wink