cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serves `em right.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Serves `em right.....

Bulls get theIir own back on matadors ! ! ! ...

Bullfighters in Spain, carried out of the bull ring....  Serves `em right....  why they still allow this inhumane "sport"  / "entertainment"  I do not understand..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916254/Matadors-left-bloody-mess-carried-out.html

We banned foxhunting... and other blood sports... that took place ( usually ) out in the countryside, away from the "normal" entertainment venues...

Yet.. over there, in Spain... it is BIG BUSINESS to goad and severely injure a bull, in public  as "entertainment" on the scale of pop stars...... before it is killed ... and that is not done "humanely"...

23 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Serves `em right.....

I hate anyone who hurts animals with a passion. It makes THEM animals themselves. Hopefully only a matter of time until this is stopped. Meanwhile it's fair game, antagonising a bull? expect no mercy when the bull gets you.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Agree it should be Banned Knuppel

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Personally I think it's the bullfighters fault. After all, would you try to upset a 'brute on steroids' by waving a giant scarf at it all in the name of so-called entertainment?  The bullfighters get what they deserve. And yes, I agree this sort of 'sport' should be banned world-wide.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I read online ages ago that even a large majority of the spaniards have had enough of the sport too. Lets face it, it's utterly cruel.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

It's as stupid as running down the fast lane of a motorway facing the cars, or climbing electricity pylons to play on the cables, it's going to kill, and the only person to blame is the one who ends up dead...

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Steve wrote:

I hate anyone who hurts animals with a passion.

Wow, a linguistic master stroke; a sentence that can be understood in three different ways:  You hate with a passion people who hurt animals (the assumed intended meaning), the people who hurt animals do so with a passion, or the animals possess passion.

Now if only the Spanish had incorporated bullfighting into their religion, it would have been seen as a vibrant and colourful part of their culture, to be celebrated by all, and woe betide anyone who objected to it.  (Just look at the way it's perfectly in order to carry out ritual slaughter of animals, and for five-day old boys to have their genitals permanently surgically altered by a non-medical person without the use of anaesthetic.)

There can't be many things that upset me more than the mistreatment of animals and children.

198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Jonpe wrote:

There can't be many things that upset me more than the mistreatment of animals and children.

Either separately or in combination.  Wink

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

I'm confused.. shutter posts a dailymail story and nobody says a word.. and he gets 4 people thank him instead..

So are we anti DM or not these days?

Community Veteran

Jonpe wrote:

Steve wrote:

I hate anyone who hurts animals with a passion.

Wow, a linguistic master stroke; a sentence that can be understood in three different ways:  You hate with a passion people who hurt animals (the assumed intended meaning), the people who hurt animals do so with a passion, or the animals possess passion.

Now if only the Spanish had incorporated bullfighting into their religion, it would have been seen as a vibrant and colourful part of their culture, to be celebrated by all, and woe betide anyone who objected to it.  (Just look at the way it's perfectly in order to carry out ritual slaughter of animals, and for five-day old boys to have their genitals permanently surgically altered by a non-medical person without the use of anaesthetic.)

There's quite a few posts made on this forum that can be understood in more than one way. I'm glad you've noticed it too.

I find it disgusting how people of a certain religion will only eat meat that has been tortured to death and in the UK despite the RSPCA and strict animal cruelty laws, it's still allowed to happen - all in the name of some religion believing in some super being that there is no evidence to support existing in the first place.

It's just an excuse to be sick and twisted in my view. Nothing good can come from slitting an animals throat and watching it die in agony panicking, with blood pouring out, blood pressure dropping, heart racing faster and harder etc. No good comes from that at all. It's a DISGRACE and yet we not only put up with it, we flaming encourage it under cultural acceptance.

If I went abroad to dubai with my partner and so much as held her hand we'd be arrested because we're not married. Our culture and religion mean NOTHING in the middle east yet the middle east demands that we respect their twisted ways?

It's illegal to have more than one wife too.. unless of course you're of a certain faith from a certain country and then we overlook that too. I'd be quite happy to see religion banned completely in the UK.. but that would mean our precious church of england would get the can too and we couldn't have that could we Roll eyes

I expect my post will be reported for racism now.. even though i've said nothing racist but merely pointed out the cruelty that some religions inflict upon animals.

If there is a god, he's got a funny way of letting the world become more and more twisted. Oh [-Censored-] i just thought i'm not allowed to say "he" these days either... Crazy3

Community Veteran

@7up, yes I agree with you - but it is not just religion, but also culture.

When I went to Singapore back in 2005, I noticed you can sit down at a restaurant, see a box of live chickens by your table and tell them the one you want, freshly cooked shall we say.

I could never do that ever, but I ask myself, as someone who eats meats from my local supermarket and takeways. Burgers, kebabs et al. Am I any better?

Community Veteran

I still don't understand why we can't put down animals humanely when they're going for slaughter. Anaesthetic? That didn't mean much did it when we had contaminated horse meat entering the food chain with chemicals that were banned from human consumption - no public health warnings, just reassurance from the government "it'll be alright, those laws were pointless".

So whats the harm in using anaesthetic to end an animals life peacefully and without fear? - bolt guns are an awful way to go. Lets face it, veins and arteries are glorified pipes. You can still pump water through them after death to rinse out the chemicals.

I didn't know until recently but to stop dead animal meat going through the rigor process its apparently electrocuted to stop cold stretching i think they call it. I just hope all those poor animals that have been "beaten" with the bolt gun really are dead when it happens. I've heard so many horror tales over the last few years about slaughter houses.

Community Veteran

Not just that @7up, around 6-7 years I went to a friends Stag do around the midlands. One of the things was to watch horse racing (Stratford-Upon-Avon). Ok I thought - never done it before. See how it is. Now I know I would never do it again.

A horse fell, then staff just calmly put a shroud around it, and I am sure you can figure out the rest.

All to do with making £'s, and people don't care about human life. I only put small bets on, and must have spent around £30 and got £5 back. Spending £25 didn't bother me is was just how callous it was. You don't see that on TV. That's why I hardly watch it anyone as it know how ridiculous it is compared to real life.

Champnet
Rising Star

If we had to kill our own food most of us would be vegetarians.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

My parents ran a chicken farm for several years. I still enjoy roast chicken despite being fully aware of the steps necessary to prepare it for the table. SWMBO and I still have a few chickens in the garden, but I don't let her give them pet names.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.