Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously! What a hypocrite.

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

Seriously! What a hypocrite.

Can this man be serious, comments like these coming from HIS mouth! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-57245479

30 REPLIES 30
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Seriously! What a hypocrite.

A marmite man, and he's certainly covering himself in a marmite like looking substance right now. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 191

So he wanted the lock down earlier then when there was one decided that it didn’t apply to him and swanned off back up north. This led to the view that if he could ignore the rules then everyone else could. So how many extra deaths did this result in?

Whilst no doubt the Beeb and their political commentators will do their best to discredit the government over this so called evidence, how easy it is to be a smart @#! claiming that you knew best in retrospect. There was conflicting opinions from scientific experts at the time. How could this be ignored because a political advisor thought that he knew best?
Of course if the clock could be put back and the pandemic rerun with what we know now then things should have been done differently, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

He is full of "sour grapes" because he got sacked from his very powerful, highly paid job... then got caught breaking the law, and..... yeah,... lying about what he was doing... and we all know that..

Now, he is doing his utmost to "get his own back" on his old boss, in as dirty a way as possible, raking up stuff that, he kept quiet about at the time, and due to the time lapse, since, it now has no relevance in the current situation.

As far as he is concerned, any publicity he can gain, from his actions, will be good publicity for his forthcoming book(s) and after dinner speaking engagements...... ...

Perhaps he should get a divorce, and marry a famous american tv actress, and go and live in the states........ 

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

No doubt if he was still in government he would have said nothing and at some future point write a book spilling the beans as he sees it.

So whilst in government he was happy enough to keep quite knowing all those people would die….

The BBC will feast on this for weeks adding the usual left wing slant on it.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well regardless at least Boris got one thing right, Cummings got booted out.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@shutter wrote:

Perhaps he should get a divorce, and marry a famous american tv actress, and go and live in the states........ 

You might be on to something there; special/public relations adviser to the Sussexes.  What could possibly go wrong?

@Minivanman, wasn't it the soon-to-be Mrs Johnson who demanded Mr Cummings's head on a plate as it were?  I wonder whether she is now thinking she might have acted a tad hastily.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well I've not watched much of his performance but from what I have watched the man comes across as a little squirt. How on earth did he ever get brought into government. His attempt to harm Boris seems to have backfired as he is even more popular now than he ever was - and nothing to to with politics mods, it's just an observation.

As for the soon to be Mrs Johnson @Jonpe I doubt she is regretting anything. 😋

shutter
Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

His attempt to harm Boris seems to have backfired as he is even more popular now than he ever was - and nothing to to with politics mods, it's just an observation.   

I am sure his (self) perceived popularity, is only due the the press interest, which will sell papers, or increase clicks on their sites.... rather than his popularity as a dinner guest, or prospective husband/father/ or even freind..

I mean.. who would want a "friend like that "   ? ? ?  or be associated with them  ? ? ?  Undecided

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

I didn't watch much of it either, but had it on in the background for a while until I turned the sound off because it was painfully obvious to me that his memory was blatantly selective.  Strange how he could remember the finest details of topics where he wanted to twist the knife, but answers to other questions were bluntly along the lines of 'I don't remember'.  Roll_eyes

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@shutter 

Are we talking about Johnson or Cummings.

If Cummings then I would agree, but Boris? I'd have a pint with him... as long as he paid.

shutter
Community Veteran

Ah yes... I see where the misunderstanding is.... it is how you read what you posted ! ! !... you were, I see now, referring to the popularity of Boris,... whereas I ( at the time of posting ) thought you were referring to Cummings  ! ...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

It's official, Cummings lives in an alternative universe!

“Some of the commentary I’ve heard doesn’t bear any relation to reality”

PM Boris Johnson responds to comments from his former chief adviser Dominic Cummings

@BBCNews

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

I'm surprised he's not been put out to recycle due to the evident stench of sour grapes emanating from him. What a poisonous little 💩of a man he is. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying BoJo's perfect, but give it time and we'll see DC stamping his feet and turning very red in the face.

shutter
Community Veteran