cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send your own Junk Mail ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Send your own Junk Mail ! !

I have just had a letter from SAGA insurance services, claiming my car insurance is due for renewal..... !
O.K. fair enough, nice to have a letter from the insurance company to advise me..... however, my insurance is renewed in February, and I am insured with Churchill ! ! !..
Therefore this is clearly "junk mail".
Inside is an offer of taking out their policy, and gaining a nice parker pen... ! WOW!  Roll eyes  Undecided Roll eyes
Another leaflet that tells me how to go about claiming it, and also extolling the virtues of Saga insurance... along with a direct debit form, and a pre paid (2nd Class) envelope to return it in.
To keep the post office in business. (as they have lost a lot through email,) I removed the letter, and inserted the two leaflets into the envelope, sealed it up, and send it back.....
You send me junk mail...... I send you junk mail...... Undecided
keeps the post office in business, and SAGA  learns that junk mail is expensive. ! ! !
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Send your own Junk Mail ! !

good one - I must try that  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you want to be really bitter, send it in an unstamped envelope.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
jmd
Grafter

As I went on a Saga holiday 15 mths ago they now keep sending me holiday brochures for trips that I cannot afford!  Unfortunately they do not send SAE with them so cannot return them - unless I use Petlew's suggestion! Smiley
At present they go in the recycling bin. 
Community Veteran

Quote from: jmdlp

unless I use Petlew's suggestion!

Yes, but make sure you don't return any identifiers that could lead back to you with it, they might send you the bill for the excess postage.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 104

But if they are sending me mail which could be used for identity fraud, sending it back to the for secure disposal is surely a sensible thing?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

An excellent point adiewoo, perhaps we should petition the Royal Mail (and others) that they should not be delivering junk mail, as most of it is thrown away, with the consequent risk of being "liberated" by neredowells for the purposes of identity fraud.
Uhmm!!

N/A

Saga kept sending me stuff too but I telephoned them on their freephone number and it eventually stopped, but they did say it would take up to 3 months.
I am still receiving invitations from various sources for car insurance renewal even though I haven't had a car for several years. As each one comes, I telephone using the freephone number and ask for my name to be removed from their database and gradually I have less junk mail. 
Alliance & Leicester, alas, are not so obliging. I telephoned them ages ago and they too said that it would take up to 3 months for the stuff to stop being sent, but I still receive it from time to time. This I really object to because of the risk of identity fraud. One of the good things about internet banking is that there is much less post so the risk is a little less.
Sometimes I have stayed with one company and paid a little more for an item on the internet purely to lessen the risk of additional junk mail that you inevitably receive - a sad state of affairs.