Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self isolating!

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Self isolating!

Looking at some of the pictures of shopping centers and railway stations etc today I think the safest place for the over 70's would be to visit them as there seems to be nobody else there!!!!EvilEvil

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Self isolating!

@TTman Being one of those.... I have just been out to our Tesco Local.... quite well stocked for "chilled foodstuffs" .. milk, butter, cheese, and other stuff like pies and pasties...  plenty of  bread on the shelves...  and all the usual biscuit type stuff... no toilet rolls, but hey... that`s to be expected.

only 3 customers in the shop.... 5 staff !.... 2 on checkout... and 3 filling up the shelves ! .

perhaps the best time for over 70`s to go "main shopping" at major supermarkets, e.g. those open 24 hours.. would be about 3 am. !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

We were out this morning to the local garden centre......

Yes I know but........it has a large shop attached selling all sorts of fresh food stuff supplied by local firms..

More staff about than customers......looking across at the gardening area we saw one couple only looking at plants but a number of staff just standing about looking for something to do....I guess most will be expected to take unpaid leave....likely thousands of other employees will be in a similar position....very sad and a major worry.

No chance of me staying in, when we get a sunny day it will be front door to car....up the motorway....park in a remote spot in the lakes...walk for the day off route....unlikely to see let alone meet anyone....and then back 🏡 

I might get the virus but not on one of those days......if my posts cease then you know it’s got me.

😀

Highlighted
Fixes: 414

Bear with me.
A lot of years ago I went to see a band I liked at the City Hall.
It was a really good show and during the break I had a Guinness and bought a T shirt and a baseball cap with the name of the band and the album they were promoting.

Forward in time to this afternoon, as it was a very nice day I decided to go out for a walk.
I put on my coat and a baseball cap and out I went.
During my walk it suddenly occurred to me, the significance of the cap I was wearing.

The band was 'Dire Straits' and the album 'On Every Street'

If you're too young to recognise the term 'Dire Straits' then Google it.

Someone had a bit of foresight.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
All Star

Going out for a chinese meal tonight so if im not back over the next few days youll know it got me!!!!FunnyThumbs_Up

Highlighted
Rising Star

We are so thankful we have a house with a garden.

At least whilst self isolating we can wander around, or just sit in, the garden.

You have to have some sympathy for flat dwellers, with possibly just a communal garden, or none at all.

But then they may have a balcony.

Highlighted
Pro

@Strat wrote:

The band was 'Dire Straits' and the album 'On Every Street'

"The Bug" might lead to a "Ticket to Heaven" but the question we are perhaps asking is "How Long".?

Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

You have to have some sympathy for flat dwellers, with possibly just a communal garden, or none at all. But then they may have a balcony.

Handy for throwing yourself off when the truth of the Government's handling of the economic effects is writ large on your bank statement in red.....

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@TTman wrote:

Going out for a chinese tonight so if im not back  youll know it got me!!!!FunnyThumbs_Up

Apparently cats cannot get the virus so the food should be safe ------

Highlighted
All Star

@wotsup Thanks for cheering me up🤣

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Strat, imagine a T-shirt and cap from The Damned with Not of This Earth, Grave Disorder, or So, Who's Paranoid? on it.

Highlighted
Pro

Perhaps PN could do their bit for the cause with a big discount for those who are advised to self-isolate?

Apparently (seriously!) people have been advised to use Skype to say goodbye to their dying loved ones so they do not go to the hospital and perhaps introduce another infection! my last word might be "the wifi in this hospital is ***ing useless!"

I am going out.......😁

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@TeeGee wrote: "the wifi in this hospital is ***ing useless!"

Having spent 4 weeks in hospital last year I can only agree that it is useless, until that is the visitors and the public go home. Overnight and up to about 9am it is A1! Still always best to have a data plan and pray and hope you can get a signal.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@wotsup wrote:

@TTman wrote:

Going out for a chinese tonight so if im not back  youll know it got me!!!!FunnyThumbs_Up

Apparently cats cannot get the virus so the food should be safe ------

.. but what of the canines, if the masters succumb? Will they catch Curowner Virus?Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.