cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems an Apple a day will try and keep the Pear away.

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Seems an Apple a day will try and keep the Pear away.

Just noticed this story and well, seems silly times are here. How anyone can say the 2 logos look alike is beyond me. Chalk and cheese come to mind.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
5 REPLIES 5
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Seems an Apple a day will try and keep the Pear away.

@idonno  Apple should have gone to Specsavers!!!! ridiculous.....Angry

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

Are they 'aving a larf?

They're both fruit, and there the similarity ends.  rolleyes2.gif

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I don't thing it was that long ago when Apple were complaining that the oblong shape of android phones looked too much like the oblong shape of their iPhones.

Personally I didn't think they looked even similar. I mean surely the iPhone was iBlong shaped.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Perhaps Airbus will have to manufacture aircraft with a flat front like an underground train or some vans in case Boeing object to their aerodynamic design being copied.

Seriously though, I thought it was legal - at least in this country - to use a similar name/trademark/logo as long as the company operated in a different field and there was no likelihood of confusing the two.  I wonder whether someone in a country with lots of pine trees could set up a company producing electronic goods under the name pineapple with a stylised pineapple as their logo.  Perhaps not, and perhaps that's why Nokia is named after a town no-one had heard of before.

madswitcher
Rising Star

Apple's hypocrisy knows no bounds. I seem to remember they copied the Apple logo from the Beatles and got their fingers burnt.

Also, IIRC isn't the Apple logo with the bite out of it supposed to link to Alan Turing who committed suicide after taking a bite from a poisoned apple - or even Disney/Snow White.  Now that's a battle I would like to see 😁

Mike