cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security risk In the cabinet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Security risk In the cabinet?

While some here have been critical of the Shadow Home Secretary, there are reports that the Home Secretary herself is having information withheld from her by MI5 because she ‘doesn’t grasp the subtleties of intelligence’ and they don’t trust her. And who would after her illicit meetings with a foreign power in 2017?

Surely she is a security risk and needs to go.

35 REPLIES 35
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Re: Security risk In the cabinet?

You could take her with you when you leave for Europe ...  Oh... sorry... you`ve decided to stay now, haven`t you...Roll_eyes

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Remind me again of the individuals the Leader of the Opposition counts as some of his 'freinds', @Anonymous 

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 

And what position does he occupy in the Cabinet? 

Do I take it that, unlike the security services, you have full confidence in Ms Patel?

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Well Jezza had all the dodgy terrorist friends that any wannabee prime Minister of UK could ever want,  and then some.  He was also 'struck off' by MI5 as a security risk,  at least Israel could be classified as a 'friendly nation' - unlike pretty much all of Jezzas contacts...

jab1
Seasoned Hero

Addmitedly he is not in the Cabinet, but he is (currently) Leader of the Opposition, and therefore a senior position in Government, @Anonymous.

I haven't read the article in full - that publication is not to my taste - but I wonder how accurate it is?

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another example of your distraction technique, @wotsup 

The issue I raised was about a current holder of one of the great offices of state. I would have thought you, @jab1  and @shutter would have been rather more concerned for our national security.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 wrote:

Addmitedly he is not in the Cabinet, but he is (currently) Leader of the Opposition, and therefore a senior position in Government, @Anonymous.

I haven't read the article in full - that publication is not to my taste - but I wonder how accurate it is?

@jab1  

If you had read the article you would realise that the original report was in The Times.

And you really think the Leader of the Opposition is ‘in a senior position in Government’? Heaven help us all!

jab1
Seasoned Hero

So it's a recycled story?

And the Opposition is part of HMG, or so I understand it.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 wrote:

And the Opposition is part of HMG, or so I understand it.

I find your lack of understanding truly alarming. 

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Anonymous wrote:

Another example of your distraction technique, @wotsup 

I would have thought you, @jab1  and @shutter would have been rather more concerned for our national security.

We had a real near miss with Jezza then, the USA would never have trusted him with ANY information had he become PM,

It is one thing when your own security services don't trust someone, but when your own security services and those of your closest allies could not trust the leader of the government it is quite another - and if Abacus had become Home Secretary nobody would have told us anything at all, except maybe ISIS, Russians, Hamas and Venuzuela .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wotsup 

And so you have full confidence in our Home Secretary even if MI5 don’t?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@Anonymous   Yes, indeed.... the scary bit is .... he IS in the government.... 

If there were no "opposition leader"....then we would have a dictatorship ....

Another "gaff"  by our resident. Europhile....

Even more scary is the "friends" that he supports, and scarier still, IF he ever managed to get to be Prime minister, what chaos he could cause...  You would definitely be better off in Europe then...

He is a BIG security risk

jab1
Seasoned Hero

@shutter wrote:

Even more scary is the "friends" that he supports, and scarier still, IF he ever managed to get to be Prime minister, what chaos he could cause...  You would definitely be better off in Europe then...

He is a BIG security risk

Fortunately, @shutter , that nightmare will never happen.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shutter @jab1 

For your information (my bold), from https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/opposition-the/

The Opposition, formally known as HM Official Opposition, refers to the largest political party in the House of Commons that is not in government. The leader of this party takes the title Leader of the Opposition. The role of the Official Opposition is to question and scrutinise the work of the Government. More generally, any party that is not a part of the government is described as an opposition party.

How can democracy ever work when the electorate is so ignorant of the basics of our political system?