cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secrets of a Jaffa Cake eater...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Secrets of a Jaffa Cake eater...

I admit, I quite like McVite's Jaffa Cakes. When with others and offered them with a cuppa I just eat them, a couple of bites and gone...all very civilised.
But I have a deep dark secret Embarrassed if I eat them in private, it is a strange ritual...I like to nibble around the outside eating the cake bit as I go along, then pop the resulting 10p sized left over in the mouth, ease the orangey bit off the rest of the remaining cake and swallow that, then let the orangey bit rest on the tongue to dissolve when pressed up to the roof of the mouth...delicious!!
They are at their best straight out of the fridge, I read somewhere the orangey bit is not orange at all, but flavoured with apricot, how cruel is that!!
Do you have any odd private habits (keep it clean guy's) that you would like to share with us?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Secrets of a Jaffa Cake eater...

If I have some biscuits with my cup of tea there has to be an even number of biscuits, 3 or 5 is not acceptable, it has to be 2 or 4...or more Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
randpwar
Grafter

Believe me petlew it’s not too unusual to eat jaffa’s like that; though I do eat them with two bites in between the nibbled ones  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Don't eat many biscuits
Current fetish is Dried Chick peas, soaked overnight, left on the kitchen range to boil soft for a day, then lightly sautéed in olive oil with 4-5 whole garlic cloves. Finally added to a small bowl containing olives, diced feta cheese, pickled gherkins, and smoked trout as ‘finger food’ (but eaten with a teaspoon). Drunk with a pot of large leaf (loose) Assam, black with tablespoon of Roses lime juice.
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
pickled gherkins
Yummy!
Fixes: 47

The trouble with gherkins gherkins gherkins gherkins Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Petlew
.I like to nibble around the outside eating the cake bit as I go along, then pop the resulting 10p sized left over in the mouth, ease the orangey bit off the rest of the remaining cake and swallow that, then let the orangey bit rest on the tongue to dissolve when pressed up to the roof of the mouth...delicious!!

Nothing strange about that. I don't eat jaffa cakes but I'm sure we've all got our favourite ways of eathing things. Malteasers... I like to try and crack the chocolate off using my side teeth, taste that, swallow it then chew up the honeycombe. Cadburys Crunchie I have a similar habit - I bite the chocolate off the top of it, eat that and then eat the remaining bit before moving onto the next bit nd biting the top off that.
No idea why, all I know is its strangely satisfying like that for some reason.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 123

Remember Club biscuits (can you still get them)?
I always started off by biting at the end with the least chocolate Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

198kHz
Seasoned Pro

It just has to the grapes last in a fruit salad.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

There are some very strange folk in this forum...
Petlew reaches for his white coat...

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Remember Club biscuits (can you still get them)?

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, join our.... club!
They were great! What happened to them?
I know Foxes make some round chocolatey biccies which are very chocolatey.. very nice. They have a hole in the middle so naturally I nibble round the hole before eating that bit whole just for the chunky chocolate  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

When I was aged about 9, my friend's mum worked at the Jaffa Cake Factory !!
She would bring home large boxes of Jaffa Cake mis-shapes every week, two shillings a box !!!
Community Veteran

Petlew puts back white coat, and searches small change for a florin to send to PlusComUK's mum.

Steve
Pro

I can still buy club biscuits, I like the fruit ones, Penguins however are my fave, Bite a small bit of one corner, Do the same to the other opposite corner, Then souk my coffee through It, Pop la penguin In la mouth for a complete melting chocolate experience, Its way way much better than........ Shocked