Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scottish power

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Scottish power

Just been watching the news BBC   , Scotish power have been fined by Ofgen £18 million , for BAD customer service mainly for long waiting time for phone answering Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Scottish power

It's the customer that pays the fine (indirectly).

Where does the £18 million go? Not to the customers to recompense the lack of service.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Definitely not bragging, but I've been with them a few years now, and any problem has been sorted fairly easily. I feel sorry for those who haven't the same experience. Maybe I've been very lucky, yet I cannot help wondering, if in some cases communication difficulties both ways is a factor, whether they are more likely to occur in transient population areas.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

According to Ofgen the fine is to be paid to customers as compensation Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 105

I'm also in the position where I've had no issues.

Manage my account on line, regular meter readings and checking things regularly probably helps.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Must admit I was with them for a number of years with no problems but moved to a much cheaper supplier 18 months ago.

With Scottish Power my monthly DD for gas & electric was £107, after changing supplier it is now around £88 a month with Extra energy.

SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

I've used Scottish Power in the past and have twice fell victim to their shoddy IT systems, both the old  and the new one.

The staff all blame the computer system when you talk to them BUT the staff also never update your records when you call in .So the next time you ring, you have to repeat everything again. Just to be ignored again! If I hadn't kept my own records of meter readings, emails, phone calls etc, they would have got way with massive overcharging as they managed to lose every meter reading, details of complaints, phone calls etc.

In the end (last May), I calculated their final bills for them, documenting it from the start of the contract to the end at a court  evidence admission standard and even then they couldn't get the correct billing. 

I don't know how they make any profit given the amount of staff they have to employ just to handle complaints. I won't touch them with a barge pole now. 

nanotm
Pro

I was with them for a couple of years and the billing system was utterly abysmal, it took them over a year to correct billing mistakes and finalise the account, and that was after the regulator got involved, all it needed was a manager to manually adjust the billed amount because of a massibly over estimated bill they produced 2 days before the transfer and it would all of been fine but no there tech team took over 14 months to fix the problem ... the fine wasn't big enough given this wasn't the first time they've pulled the same stunt

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

rongtw wrote:

According to Ofgen the fine is to be paid to customers as compensation Thumbs Up

Meanwhile their prices will conveniently be increased to recover the "lost income" from the fine, so ultimately, the fine never applied to them, but the customers...

Glad I'm with Ovo Energy... Cool smiley

Luzern
Pro

@gleneagles Good for you getting energy at a price you are happy with, but the benefits of one tariff over another does depend on one's usage patterns and fuel mix balance.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

rongtw wrote:

the fine is to be paid to customers as compensation

That's absolutely true.

Scottish Power's board of directors are also all customers.

St3
All Star

Knuppel

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
nanotm
Pro

the funny thing is 15 million across the companies customers works out at around a tenner each, unless they limit the spread across only those who are elderly or disabled (listed by news paper reports as 300k) in which case it works out as £50 each, I wont be holding my breath for a check in the post since I already was paid a tenner as "compensation" for their screw ups that negatively impacted my credit report and caused problems with other utilities suppliers because of their fiasco in the billing system ....

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 105

it's only to be given to those impacted or raised a complaint.

I'll miss out..
Will Moderate For Thanks
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

Hopefully you get paid for each complaint. Would be a nice little earner for me if that is the case.

Although I thought it was only going to vulnerable customers which isn't me.