cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School puts more than 50 children in isolation!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

School puts more than 50 children in isolation!

My son's school - Heaton Manor has been involved in the press due to putting students in isolation on the FIRST day back!
Check out for yourself - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2744764/School-puts-50-children-isolation-two-DAYS-term-wear...
I think it's a disgrace as uniform policy has gone far too strict, and was strict last year.  But this year it's gone too far!
What do you think?
Also even new year 7's were isolated on their FIRST day!!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: School puts more than 50 children in isolation!

I can remember my secondary school insisted you had two pairs of black shoe on arrival at school. One pair for outside had to be black leather upper lace up. For inside the school it had to be leather soled, leather upper lace up. You had to change shoes on leaving/entering the school.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

It could be worse
Primary school pupils as young as four are banned from saying goodbye to parents in their playground 'for health and safety reasons'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Cor blimey!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Fixes: 105

sounds perfectly fine to me, they had 6 weeks to find the right uniform which is plenty. we'd got all ours sorted in the first week of the holidays Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That head teacher needs to take a few lessons in personal appearance too... she is a disgace with her ill fitting clothes....
Community Veteran

to be honest I think there is nothing wrong with enforcing uniforms.
most jobs have some kind of dress code and school uniforms also are designed to prevent distractions such as checking out a girls leg's hence the problem with the skin tight trousers.
The only time I think there needs to be leniency is if its clearly due to financial reasons and e.g. a teacher picking out a boy in front of the class because he has trousers he has grown out off which would encourage bullying.
Fixes: 125

There was another article in the mail regarding a different school yesterday
Parents are given the rules about the uniform in plenty of time yet still allow their children to flout them then complain when the rules are enforced. What will their little darlings do in  the real world when they meet rules they do not like? Schooling is not just about the three Rs!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I agree with Shutter re head teacher.
I wonder if she worked at McDonald's before her existing job.  Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

its about time they started doing this properly, pupils are an advert for your school if they look like crap then its a fair indication the education there receiving is similarly crap!
if you turn up to a work site without the correct footwear and hi-vis you don't even get through the gate
my kids school has been doing this after pressure from parents to make it happen last year finally got taken into consideration, as a parent with more than 1 child in school I found it disturbing to be informed that kids were being bullied for not having the right designer version of something similar to the laid down school uniform particularly when they had stipulated the supplier of the uniform on the schools prospectus (supplied in the may before term started) since the strict application and inspection of the uniform items (including making kids show the label if the item was in dispute as being genuine) the bullying over what people wear has ceased, and I am constantly amused by the idiocy of the whingers who complain about "such an unnecessary heavy handed approach"
when I was a nipper we wouldn't be allowed into school without the correct attire irrespective of the weather or distance travelled to get there 
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

We had a some hiccups a few years ago when, children from several international countries were allowed to wear their own clothes as opposed to the proper school uniform
You can imagine the outcry over that, especially when all other pupils were sent home for wearing their own clothes
Where one comes from should not come into it, however when they are not encouraged to wear the proper attire, they should also be sent home to change
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Nanotm
May I ask how do you know if my child was in the advert?
The work quality is fantastic, but teenagers are not a brick, they can follow rules, but these are extreme!
In the workplace, normally the company would provide the necessities like hard hats, hi-vis and proper steel boots.
itsme
Grafter

Why don't universities have uniforms if it's beneficial to education?
Community Veteran

because by that age generally people have matured enough to learn about the principles of rules and respect. uniforms are part of that learning process.
nanotm
Pro

@NE
wrong track mate, uniforms with school colours and emblems are a walking advert for the school, the kids they show as examples of what was turned away In the paper are dressed like there advertising for sexual services, not the kind of thing any proper school should want to be associated with Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you