cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School Holidays

randpwar
Grafter

School Holidays

For the last 2 months or so of the school term I think my 13 year old lad saw himself sitting in front of his X-Box for the whole of the 6 weeks holidays. It hasn’t quite worked out like that though. The first two weeks he was camping at Windermere with his Sea Scouts, this week he’s working at sports sessions at the cricket and tennis club in our nearby town (cycles to and from the village) , we’re away down to the Isle of Wight for a week on Friday (never been before and really looking forward to it) then he’s camping for 3 nights with a family friend and his wife’s nephew (who has the same first name as our lad; quite funny when they take them both out as it looks like a family where both boys have the same name as though the parents are the most unimaginative parents ever!).. which I reckon leaves about a week and a half for him to chill!
Our daughter seems to have thoroughly enjoyed being a single child for a while and, when not looking after the pony, dog, chickens and guinea pig, has had her friends around and for sleepovers. Very often when I come home from work there are 3 or 4 nine year old girls running riot
What have your lot been up to?

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: School Holidays

I think your son will get a lot more benefit out of the activities you outline than he would have done sitting with his X-Box. 
Apebaybi

I haven't seen my 15 yr old at all since he broke up. He's at his mates ALL the time.. My youngest is at the park at the back of our house.. So it's been quiet..  Grin
Apebaybi

Btw, does anyone know how I turn my picture the right way?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Use MS Paint and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise  Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

@Apebaybi -
Click on this rotated image -

Then (right mouse button) "Save image as..." to your PC desktop.
Then go back to your Plusnet profile and "I will upload my own picture:" that rotated copy to your profile.
Wink
Apebaybi

I'm just using iPod at minute. Computer in transit so when it gets here I will do it then.. Thanks 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Apebaybi
how I turn my picture the right way??

... twist your screen 90 degrees?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.