Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scary Email ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Scary Email ! !

Just received this.... "scary email"... 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice To Ticket Holder

By emailing current update to ticket holder we're trying to make our notification service better as well as reminding You that the parking attendant №: 41412 had justified cause to believe that the following crime of the terms and conditions of parking happened on our client's private property (Details of which were clearly and prominently displayed and agreed to by the driver by the act of parking the vehicle).
Parking Charge Records
Issue Date: 19/12/2016

Referance Number: MI78ENDQ63XAF
Parking Charge Amount: £90.00
14 Day Early Pay Discount: £0.00
Discount You Could Have: £35.00
Additional Charges: £0.00

Total now due: £90.00

You Are Able to View The Options and Photographic Records:
Have a Look at The Options

Registered in England & Wales. The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry CV1 2FL

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No, I did not click the linky.... just wondering who to send it to, as they have given an address in Coventry... maybe the Coventry police would be interested...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Dubious link made unclickable.

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Scary Email ! !

Well linky is to a RU site.
You certainly seem to attract a load of spam shutter!
I check my spam folder but rarely actually view any of them before deleting them.
Community Veteran

@HairyMcbiker  Well, I don`t think that 1 or 2 per month is "a lot of spam"  ! ... I just pass on those that I think are worth mentioning on here...

The worst spam I get is from Ebay... asking me for a review on what I have bought... !..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well thats certainly a new twist on spam email - parking fines. I wonder how many idiots will fall for that when they've just got one the day before.... Yikes.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I`m gobsmacked....... 

why?  

Here is the response I got from the West Midlands "general enquiry" email address.....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Good afternoon thank you for your email,

What is the nature of the scam?

Reagrds 

THE CONTACTUS TEAM

WEST MIDLANDS POLICE

HL/LH/A1

To report crime and anti-social behaviour which does not require an emergency response please call 101.  In an emergency call 999,  For all other enquiries (or for callers outside the West Midlands) dial 0345 113 5000

Our vision: Preventing Crime, Protecting the public and helping those in need

Twitter:      www.twitter.com/wmpolice
Facebook: www.facebook.com/westmidlandspolice

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It appears they have lost their "vision".... 

only the other day, a headline in the paper was talking about making Police Entrants have a degree? ? ? ?   well... now you know the reason why.......

Community Veteran

Well maybe you post more (spam emails) on here than others.
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Scary, how so?

Just obvious garbage to me. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

There is a real company at that address: UK Parking Control Limited. Might they be interested too?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

shutter wrote:

Just received this.... "scary email"... 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice To Ticket Holder

By emailing current update to ticket holder we're trying to make our notification service better as well as reminding You that the parking attendant №: 41412 had justified cause to believe that the following crime of the terms and conditions of parking happened on our client's private property (Details of which were clearly and prominently displayed and agreed to by the driver by the act of parking the vehicle).
Parking Charge Records
Issue Date: 19/12/2016

Referance Number: MI78ENDQ63XAF
Parking Charge Amount: £90.00
14 Day Early Pay Discount: £0.00
Discount You Could Have: £35.00
Additional Charges: £0.00

Total now due: £90.00

You Are Able to View The Options and Photographic Records:
Have a Look at The Options

Registered in England & Wales. The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry CV1 2FL

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No, I did not click the linky.... just wondering who to send it to, as they have given an address in Coventry... maybe the Coventry police would be interested...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Dubious link made unclickable.

i'd be scared too if I parked in a supermarket car park and then received an email telling me about the parking enforcement fine they were giving out....

my mother got one a few years back (overstayed at a lidl car park by 5 minutes) they emailed her and when she went to the magistrates court asked how the parking company had gained her email address.... end result no fine to pay

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

I'm very disappointed that I've never won the Nigerian lottery, most of the people I know have.

More seriously though, I received an obvious phishing email claiming to be from a bank I don't have an account with.  When I forwarded the email to the bank, their response was effectively, "Yeah, we know, don't bother us again".

Community Veteran

Nat West by any chance? I get several of them a month. I have NEVER had an account with them anyway.
(Along with several from paypal and others.) Just bin them like the rest.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Jonpe wrote:

When I forwarded the email to the bank, their response was effectively, "Yeah, we know, don't bother us again".

Well lets face it there isn't really much that they can do is there other than report it to the local police in the country of origin - and in corrupt / poor countries its not like the police will really care.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

The bank I'm actually with encourages customers to report suspected phishing emails, and I would imagine other banks do the same.  That's why I was surprised to receive a reply which seemed to consider me a nuisance.  Surely a simple "Thank you for letting us know." would have been better.