cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan as you shop (Tesco)

Fixes: 125

Scan as you shop (Tesco)

Used it for the first time today and now don't understand why I shied away from it for so long.

So much easier to pack the bags-for-life just as you want as you go around and so much quicker at the checkout than having to empty the trolley and pack then.

Just wish I had known that the first shop is checked (would have only got a few items before going round again) as SWMBO wasn't too happy that her neat and tidy packing was being messed upCheesy

Can't see me going back to the old way againCool smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Scan as you shop (Tesco)

As you say, Mav - it doesn't half have advantages - I always use it for my shopping unless I've only got 1 or 2 items, then I hand carry them to the self-scanner.

Just wish Sainsburys would install them at my local store, but apparently there is 'no chance'Angry. They do have them in my 'second hoe town of Brighton, but thats only useful 12 weeks out of 52. Smiley

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You will find Mav that your shopping will be checked every so often. I've found that if you delete an item from the scanner, this will almost certainly trigger a check, however the entire load is not checked just a percentage of it.

Been using the system for a couple of years, and would not go back to till queues unless I have to.

Local Sainbury's also has a scanner system, but the Tesco system is far better.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

I've used Tesco scan as you shop for a couple of years and found it brilliant at Christmas time.

Unfortunately more people have sussed it and it gets a little busier these days.

Still faster than a 'manned' checkout.

I just wish they would ID me when I have something alcoholic in my shopping.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The only problem I have with it is, the scanner atthe beginning to get the hand device won't let me scan my card I have to type the long number in and the keys aren't the most sensitive, I find I have to stab them.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I remember when those scan as you shop devices were introduced more than a decade ago in my local supermarket (at the time) the initial shopper survey results indicated the vast majority refused ot use them unless they were getting a decent discount on the shopping, otherwise they prefered a manned checkout where they knew somone was being paid to process things....

personally I have preferred to use the home delivery option for supermarket shopping, ever since it was first available to me back in 2001... why waste my time and effort lugging the stuff round fighting for aisle space when I can just tap a few keys and get it delivered (maybe with a nice surprise swap item ) and let a couple of other people get paid in the bargain/

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 105

I think scan as you shop is great, use it all the time, even if just buying one or two bits.
so much easier than a manned checkout.
Will Moderate For Thanks