cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers

valart
Grafter

Scammers

I watched the program about scammers on tv last night  very interesting how clever these people try to get into your laptop,one guy who got a suspended sentence he phones people to say there is something wrong with your computer and asks for money to put it right,one elderly lady fell for it and lost all of her savings I have had a few phone calls like this and scam emails about my banking details I was instructed to forward these emails to the security the department  of the bank.This program seems to think that this is on the increase and any suspicious emails should be deleted and do not respond to these fake phone calls
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Scammers

When I get one of these calls I try to keep them on the line as long as possible. It helps prevent them from calling other people during that time.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Where do I sign up for one of these calls - they sound like fun? Much better than the Ives offering to sort out my mis-sold UP A, or help with my accident claim. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: AlaricAdair
When I get one of these calls I try to keep them on the line as long as possible. It helps prevent them from calling other people during that time.
You can have a bit of fun dealing with these people, the more of their time you waste the less likely they will call you again.
Fixes: 125

I've only had one of these calls about 4 years ago - just hung up.
Been waiting for another so I could play along but nothing yet....

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

I last had a call in 2012, not sure why they have not rung back yet though  Cheesy
Quote from: I
Just got of the phone with them 1hr and 31 mins, i must have got the record  Cheesy
Regards
Mike
Mike
Kremmen
Rising Star

Since I took early retirement and had chance to play with them my scam calls have reduced from about 3 or 4 a week to less than one a month. I believe as well as a suckers list they also have a time wasters list.
Let's be careful out there !