cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam email HSBC

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Scam email HSBC

I received the following email today....... (I don`t normally get any junk mail/scams/spams) so it stood out a mile ! ! !
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[HSBC LOGO ]
The world's local bank
Access To Your Account Is Currently Unavailable
Dear Customer,
We believe it's important to keep up to date with the latest online security measures. We are committed to keeping you and your online service with us safe. To protect your accounts, our monitoring process recently suspended your online service. We have therefore sent you a mail today which advises the steps you need to take to re-instate your online service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please click the link below to restore your account access.
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/HSBCINTEGRATION/CAM10;jsessioxxxXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXX_URL=hsbc....
Thank you for banking with us.
Security Advisor
© 2010 HSBC Bank plc. All rights reserved
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Note..... I have corrupted the linky so it should not work....
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Anyway, being a "good citizen" but NOT an HSBC customer, I decided to inform them by sending them a copy...... went to their online banking website, clicked on "contact us" and after a bit of a search, it had a paragraph about phishing emails..... "If you think an email is suspicious, please forward it to  phishing@hsbc.com...... clicked on the link, brought up my email , and I duly attached and TRIED to send it.....   " Message could not be sent....    phishing@hsbc.com address is corrupt or incomplete"
So, serves them right, if they can`t provide a proper means of communication on their website, then tough luck on them, if they find they are having to replace thousands of pounds to customers because they have been scammed.....

1 REPLY
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Scam email HSBC

I like it when you see the address to it often has anything up to 30 names