cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam/Spam calls

TimeRider
Grafter

Scam/Spam calls

We recently got a call from someone 'offering' us cheap calls/internet etc - researching the number shows they're scammers:
As usual we recorded the call for your enjoyments and education:

&list=UUwwXEX25e-7gmDlP63-Qvs
We used to get 10+ calls per day, we get maybe 1 a week now - TPS didn't work, OFCOM doesn't work, our methods do, and it's all free and funSmiley
Comments, ideas and criticism most welcome Smiley
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Scam/Spam calls

Loved it Smiley
TimeRider
Grafter

Thanks for the feeback dude Smiley
LOADS more on our youtube channel: http://tube.timerider.co.uk
Steve!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Found it funny  Grin
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
TimeRider
Grafter

Thanks NorthEasterner  Smiley
I too am up this way - though I'm in the land of aluminium phone cables :/ A little North of you and on the coast.
One of my vids has me driving through Wideopen...
Steve!
TORPC
Grafter

I think for the vast audience you may be best keeping them a tad shorter in length Wink
TimeRider
Grafter

You're certainly not the only one to mention length - women seem to do it all the time :p
Some of the calls on my channel are short, but it's just something about me - I like to be intricate, to suck them in - in fact that call is fairly short compared to some.
When you got more time, try this very intricate one:
I get a call from a telescammer, I tell them they've called some military testing station, and we're looking for interdimension travel volunteers...
He then calls my US number, and speaks to the person in charge (me again)... During the call, I 'teleport' in and speak with him from the US - or so he thinks...
Anyways, he then REALLY wants to be able to do this, believes me 200%, even talks his colleague into coming along with him... It's long, but it's convincing and hilarious!
I leave him sitting on the wall in New Dehli waiting for my people to pick him up Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SCnHTgPIEo
Only hit this one if you got enough time and enough space around you - don't drink while listening as you'll spit it all over your monitor. Enjoy
There are shorter ones available, and I think my signature will get you want to be
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Near Blyth or Anwick, TimeRider?
One thing you should know... have you tried call blocking? Just a tip
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
TimeRider
Grafter

Blyth - though my vids should have told ya that dude!
Call blocking - you mean simply blacklisting the known or anonymous calls? That wouldn't be half as much fun!
Seems I'm likely on a 'DO NOT CALL!!!' blacklist now as I get very very few calls... Send some of yours my way people :p
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I take caller display... any calls that are 'international' are shown and just screen the call then hang up if it's a nuisance.
Plus my phone doesn't record calls...
Sorry I've just seen 1 of your vids and got the idea Smiley
TimeRider
Grafter

I run a PBX - kind of like a phone exchange in a box. I have the option of sending the calls wherever I want, be they international, or known spammers (it checks the CID automatically). It's all good fun :p - plus it records calls - must find a use for that, lol
Plusnet issued me a number when I moved here - seems the guy who had it before me signed up and gave his number to ALL the spammers around the world!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

hahaha, oh man!!
You'll definitely find use of that PBX!