cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say No2 Diesel... ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Say No2 Diesel... ?

It's alternative on an off-grid, self-sustaining small scale, but on the national grid scale, it's just a fart in a jacuzzi...
Infinity
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK
The New VW Golf GTE Hybrid
Looks impressive, I particularly like the choice of propulsion, including the 20-31 mile range using battery only
Economy/CO2: 166mpg/35g/km
Price: £33,035 (£28,035 inc Gov. grant)
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gte-vii/home

VW has announced a new focus on plug-in hybrid technology as it slashes investment costs following the diesel emissions scandal.
VW said its plans also included accelerating the development of a "standardised electric architecture" for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, with the next generation of the VW Phaeton becoming an electric car only.

http://news.sky.com/story/1568758/vw-shifts-gear-in-drive-for-electric-vehicles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

From the Sky link
VW said its plans also included accelerating the development of a "standardised electric architecture" for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, with the next generation of the VW Phaeton becoming an electric car only.

I wonder how many miles that will do at top whack speed
Just to add
Cost of the electric Golf from £31,325
Cost of standard Golf from £17,595
That is a heck of a lot of money for being able to brag about being green and low fuel consumption  Crazy
Infinity
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Oldjim
From the Sky link

I wonder how many miles that will do at top whack speed

Depends on if you remember to plug it in overnight !
I suppose it could be linked to the cars' seat warmers, and heated windows & mirrors, for a toasty start on a cold Winters morning !
Or any Cold morning for that matter...
Community Veteran

Just to add
Cost of the electric Golf from £31,325
Cost of standard Golf from £17,595
That is a heck of a lot of money for being able to brag about being green and low fuel consumption  Crazy

It's Volkswagen, the company where the numbers just don't add up... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It would also need a heck of a lot of gullibility to believe VW's figures currently.