cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saverstore - won't be using them again

Fixes: 125

Saverstore - won't be using them again

Never had any real issues with Saverstore, till now.
Sometimes their order tracking can be a bit iffy showing items just bought and in stock as out of stock but they have always turned up in a timely manner.
The item (9.7" tablet) delivered yesterday by DPD is not fit for purpose; no charger or instructions in the box (although box was sealed with cellophane) and the tablet failed to hold a wireless connection for more than a minute. It's not the router as I kept SWMBO's Galaxy Note next to the 9.7" access the same sites without any problems at all. Also, the tablet had a full (98%) charge which made me wonder whether it has had a recent owner Undecided
So, I have decided to send it back for a full refund and can use either the DSR or the SoG act but I think the SoG is more appropriate but this is where the problems begin. There is no telephone number (apart from sales) to contact them so set about using the online Returns option. The only option offering a Refund is to return it as DoA which it wasn't. All other options, e.g. Package incomplete, Damaged item only allow for a replacement which is clearly against the DSR and SoG.
I should have guessed I may have problems as when I have used their feedback form previously to ask one or two questions I have never had a reply.
As the total price was under £100 I can't invoke section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act Sad
Before I click on Send has anyone got any suggestions?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

24 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Saverstore - won't be using them again

you can still raise a charge back with your credit card provide - it's just not guaranteed.
is there a number you can call them on?
Will Moderate For Thanks

I forgot about Chargeback.
Yes, I have a number. I'll see what reply I get from Saverstore first.
Edit: They don't make it easy with only 250 characters to detail any issues.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Fixes: 105

Apologies, that was a poor sentence, I meant is there a number to call saverstore on to get things rolling quickly?
Will Moderate For Thanks

No apology necessary Smiley
There is only an 0844 4 number which is for sales only apparently and doesn't come under any free minutes Sad
Oh, and no working alternative within saynoto0870.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hi Mav.... oh dear.... not having much luck with the "e Reader" ..... I reckon you should bite the bullet with the phone cost and see if you can get a email address for their customer service department, ( say you want to ask some technical questions or something, and it wont fit on the online thing....)....
If you Google Saverstore, you may,  (may) be able to find some company info not given out on the website.... and possible contact numbers, post address for you to contact the CEO.... Managing Director  or some one...
Good Luck.... Wink
Community Veteran

Follow up.... Mav..... been looking on Google,... and ... seems that Saverstore has some pretty dire reviews.... on some sites they have a star grading system from 1 to 5... but most of them are saying they should be able to post ZERO stars....all of them talk about the diabolical customer (non) service and (non) accessability to the returns department...
I would suggest you write to them at this addres..... culled from their website... I would also suggest a copy be sent to  Luton Trading Standards  (web page ....  http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/luton/consdirect.htm   and also (perhaps) to the OFT...  http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/luton/linksc.htm#oft  )  
Of course.. you should mention that you have copied it to them.... ( might just wake them up a bit )...

Contact us in writing
You can write to us at:
Saverstore.com
1 Finway
Luton
Beds
LU1 1TR

Please ensure to include any details relating to your order so that we can efficiently and effectively answer your query.

Hope that helps....
Oh Just a thought.......  did you buy it through AMAZON  ? ? ?  if so then they should be informed also.... ( see the website for returns and contacting Saverstore)
(following culled from Amazon page with "Saverstore" company details.....)

Returns and Refunds
Please refer to the Amazon.co.uk Return Policy. Please contact Saverstore to get information about any additional policies that may apply:
Contact this seller
To initiate a return, please visit Amazon’s Online Return Center to request a return authorization from the seller.

Thanks, shutter.
I'll give them to Tuesday early afternoon to reply to the returns issue.
Strange the email I received states to wait up to 48 working hours for a reply. Their CS is open 9 to 6 so that's 5 working days and 3 hours! Terrible. Anyway, will give them 2 working days then will write to them as well as the others you recommend and also contact the credit card company to see if they will do a chargeback.
Of to my mum's to spend the weekend with her so wouldn't be able to do much before then anyway.
Edit: Out of interest use to buy a lot from them years ago without issue when they were Watford Electronics.

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav
There is only an 0844 4 number which is for sales only apparently and doesn't come under any free minutes Sad

Since 13th June the Consumer Rights Directive requires mail order companies to provide a standard rate number to report faulty items.
http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/consumer-rights-directive.html

Thanks, alanf. I was about to look for a link to that. Much appreciated.

Community Veteran

Quote from: alanf
Quote from: Mav

Since 13th June the Consumer Rights Directive requires mail order companies to provide a standard rate number to report faulty items.
http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/consumer-rights-directive.html

Yeah... but if they don`t........ what does one do ?  ?
Community Veteran

Quote from: alanf

Since 13th June the Consumer Rights Directive requires mail order companies to provide a standard rate number to report faulty items

Report them to the regulator.
Are any 0844 numbers charged at the standard rate?
Community Veteran

Having just had a careful read of the Consumer Rights Directive they are not doing anything wrong in using the 0844 number as they are only using it for sales. This is allowed under the CRD.
A company I'll stay clear of I think.
Community Veteran

They are not doing anything wrong?    Yes, they can use prem rate numbers for SALES... but according to the posting above.....

the Consumer Rights Directive requires mail order companies to provide a standard rate number to report faulty items

That is what they are doing wrong...... actually... they are NOT doing what they are required to do.....
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I read it that companies are not allowed to use Premium Rate numbers to discuss returns, so, if they have a line for such calls, the cost should only be basic rate.  I don't think the regs specify that a company has to have a number for you to call them about returns though...
Weasel words I know!