cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sat Nav question...

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sat Nav question...

you could also buy one of these (or even make one  Roll_eyes ) http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/zunzun-gps-sun-shade-p3960.php
Fixes: 337

What a good idea. Haven't seen those before.
BTW When I mentioned Heat Shield windscreens I did mean heat shield not heated. My Megane allegedly has a heat reflecting windscreen to cut down the heat transmitted through is on a sunny day.
The down side of this is that it blocked the satellite signal to older Sat Nav units which therefore needed an external antenna. There was supposed to be a clear area behind the rear view mirror for devices such as this but all mine so far have worked to a greater or lesser degree.
I also like the Destinator 7 software and mapping. 

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sorry to dredge this one up after so long but, I said I'd report back. I've been astounded at the incompetence of Navman; Having emailed their customer service department after the links on their website disappeared after clicking the opening link for an external antenna. They apologised profusely and would get back to me, they did, to tell me the item was out of stock, but would be available very shortly. I waited 10 days, and sent a reminder (I had been given a case number) they replied that they were having some problems, could I leave it a couple more days please.
Just to remind you, I was given the impression that an antenna would be forwarded to me free!! After another two days and another reminder, I was advised the item had been sent to me a week previously, but as I hadn't received it another would be sent without delay...and what arrived 2 days later? the same silly wire antenna that is supplied with a new product, that I already knew was useless!!
I wrote again complaining that if my original email had been read properly, it stated very clearly that I required an external antenna, as the standard one didn't work. More gushing apologies arrived, with advice that the item I needed would be posted in their accessory web page on 20th October...It wasn't, yet another exchange of mails found that my correspondents colleague was responsible for this and, she would speak to him immediately, the following day I received a mail telling me the item would be posted on the web site later that day...it wasn't
A further exchange of mails got the news that the item would be on the accessories page under the "N" range of products (my Navman is an S50) where it was finally located (and I suspect has been all along, the range of compatible models has simply been increased to include mine)  Oh yes, £19.99+p&p
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 337

It's always useful to hear about truly customer focused companies Roll_eyes Angry
Chances are if you were a multi-national company rather than an individual things would have been very different.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Humpp! the antenna arrived today, commendably quickly given I only ordered it yesterday!! Its got a completely incompatible plug fitting for my satnav/traffic cradle!! I'm er! waiting to hear from Navman in response to my latest enquiry.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.