cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sat Nav for supermarkets...

Fixes: 121

Sat Nav for supermarkets...

Never get lost in frozen food again: Philips trials GPS app to help shoppers navigate SUPERMARKETS
Shoppers input ingredients from a recipe, or food items from their weekly shopping list, and the app will plot the best route to take as well as highlight the exact location of each item.

I've had an in-built system to find the items and discounts i want since birth... called my eyes Cheesy
Why is it deemed so necessary to make shopping high-tech?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Sat Nav for supermarkets...

I order online and get shopping delivered. Why anyone would subject there selves to visiting supermarkets in this day and age is beyond me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

and just when you start to rely on it......

the supermarket manager decides to put the bread in the same aisle as the tinned peas.... BUT.. moves the tinned peas onto a "special offer" gondola in the middle of the entrance, where you tripped over last weeks special offer of Green Wellies.....  Cheesy
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: DaveyH
I order online and get shopping delivered. Why anyone would subject there selves to visiting supermarkets in this day and age is beyond me.

Its called a real life where one can meet up with real people like family & friends & then go to a real cafe for a real coffee
Also
Where one can see smell & touch the produce to test the freshness, check the sell by dates etc
Never forget the aisles is the original meeting place to meet real strangers, making real friends
&
There was nothing virtual about it Smiley
Also to perform the act of exercise (prevents couch potatoeitis)

Fixes: 47

I also pop next door to the filling station and so far have seen no indication that Tesco are doing home delivery of fuel.
I can't for the life of me figure out how women do online groceries shopping.
How do you change your mind 6 times over which liquid detergent to chose when shopping online Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
WTF
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
How do you change your mind 6 times over which liquid detergent to chose when shopping online Undecided

Into 'My basket' out of 'My basket' - repeat until bored
Just don't get the on-line grocery thing: most weekly shopping is fresh produce and I don't trust the supermarket pickers to give me the best stuff.  The supermarkets do everything they can to push to oldest, grottiest stuff in-store so they're hardly going to give me the nicest stuff when they're selecting it.
Also don't really need a SatNav as our local is tiny.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
I've had an in-built system to find the items and discounts i want since birth... called my eyes Cheesy

I also have a system which, believe me, is much better than my eyes. In fact I’d say it’s virtually infallible…it’s called SWMBO…..knows where everything is  Grin
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool But aren't supermarkets inside and GPS doesn't work inside?
Fixes: 47

Mine does.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

Quote from: Thunderclap
Cool But aren't supermarkets inside and GPS doesn't work inside?

[quote=From OP link]The system works by using a network of ‘intelligent LED in-store lights’ that act as a GPS-style grid.
Each light is plotted on the grid and can send its position to the app.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Another thing about online supermarket shopping is
If they have not got it in stock or the order picker can not locate the item(s)
Then you will either have to go without or have to make a choice to accept a substitute or tell them  firm !!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!