Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samson the dog!

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Samson the dog!

Afternoon folks,
Those that don't follow us on Twitter might not be aware that we've a bit of PR activity going on today and tomorrow at Barkers Pool in Sheffield.
The 16ft fibre glass dog - Samson - from our TV ads is there along with a load of resident Plusnetters handing out flyers, t-shirts and cups of (Yorkshire) tea.
In addition to this, England and Yorkshire cricket legend Darren Gough will be in attendance Saturday morning to do some interviews with the local press.
I've just taken a walk up to take some snaps. I'm sure there'll be more to follow but you'll find my efforts on our Flickr photostream.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

27 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Samson the dog!

Wish I'd known earlier - could have come through to Sheffield today.  As it is, might well turn up in the morning just so long as someone is giving out free Plusnet mugs - mine has a chip in it (not the fried variety I might add!).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I would love to come up and take some well lit photos, so that you could see the dog, but unfortunately over 200 miles is to far
Fixes: 47

I'd love to pop down on the bus but I'm child minding Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I would love to come down for some Yorkshire tea, Unfortunately I am roughly  357.2 Kilometers away Sad
N/A

The little one might enjoy a trip out Strat!  Only problem for me is that parking is a bit tight in Sheffield on a Saturday, particularly this close to Christmas.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If you do go remember your woolie's and a flask of horlick's Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

and a snow shovel..... Cheesy
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

440 miles is a long way and I'm snowed in anyway. Have a great day and give my regards to Samson.  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how about use who live a long way away getting a mug through the post, must cost less than Samson

Yeah....looked out of the window this morning at about 1:00, saw the snow and thought a lie-in is needed.
N/A

Well Pierre you are going to be very upset because I now have not one but two Plusnet mugs, although they now melamine and not china as they once were.
It was a very cold morning as you can see by the photographs.  We had the first snowfall of the winter and very unwelcome it was too.  I blame the Scots for sending it down - they should have kept it to themselves IMO!.
Went early on and happily it was free parking in Sheffield on Saturdays and Sundays up until Christmas.  Things were relatively quiet but the staff were wrapped up and quite cheerful.
Had a nice chat with the lady in the picture.  She is shown  with Darren Gough (and the Plusnet mugs).
Samson is shown in front of Sheffield City Hall and is huge - as you can see he was covered in snow.  Apparently they had special security watching over him last night but don't imagine that anyone would seriously try to move him - he would need a crane!
Hope that you like the piccies and no, I am not parting with the mugs! 

Good pics Poppy. Sorry I missed it now Sad
N/A

The lady in the first photograph said that they were there all day although Bob said 9.30am to 11.30am (IIRC) so plenty of time left if she is correct.
It would have been nice to see you and your little one but you never know, if we start nagging again they might do another open day (although if they did James will probably go to Siberia for a few weeks!).
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Nice Pics Poppy but I do want a Plusnet mug!! Please Plusnet can I have one? Please, Must say from your Pics Poppy It don't look very busy.