cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of Goods Act

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Sale of Goods Act

I tested it in my Xbox about an hour ago, it loaded at first, then shortly after a message came up on my Xbox that the disc was unreadable! I expected as much, and will return to Game in Town tomorrow armed with the receipt. and ask for my 2 quid back.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You may find they have a better disc with the same title and swap it for that Smiley
Highlighted
Grafter

Just come from Game in Town, after waiting ages for the guy to clean the disc (again!) he said the disc wasn't fit for purpose, so he gave me a brand new copy, free of charge.
Can't fault Game on Fargate for their customer service, I've been going in for years and have had excellent service every time, except when I applied to work there last year, they never even acknowledged my application.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: RichAllen
, except when I applied to work there last year, they never even acknowledged my application.

a lot of companies don't acknowledge receipt of applications in order to cut costs and manpower requirements, whilst each individual might like one there are potentially thousands of people applying for each position so its impractical for them to do so in a lot of cases, that said of course when you submit an app through online means there's no reason why they cant send an automated receipt other than laziness when setting up the mailbox
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Can't fault Game

Remind me.. why did you start this topic again?  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Pro

to see if he'd just chucked a couple of quid in the bin or had a leg to stand on vis a vis any future complaint about the workability or otherwise of a game brought from a shop Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

and to increase his post count by the use of a "quality post"  ! ! ! !  Grin Grin
Highlighted
Grafter

Stop trolling.
Some of us have a life beyond our post count you see.
You should try it, you might like it.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

my post count doesn`t count with me... it is just something I have achieved without any effort or design, having been a member of this community for several years...
it is inevitable that post counts will increase, and it is of no importance to me, how many I have made, nor the next in line, either above or below. I am not chasing any targets, nor do I suspect is anyone else, who uses this forum and posts frequently...
I, and the others, are posting here because we enjoy the interaction between us within this media. We post, to help and advise others, and also to request help from others.
We also post to create an interesting forum, with diversity of subject matter, and also some jollity and frivolity in the way we post....  Many of us, doing so, have a real sense of humour and deliberately seek to brighten up the day with frivolous postings.  I refer you to a recent ( before your time... but not too far back.... ) post entitled  " Don`t feed the ducks"..where you will be availed of a continuous series of frivolous postings..... none of which was done with the object of increasing the number of posts. These same posts lacked the "quality" of content, but the humour was certainly there for all to enjoy.
..It is you, who started the trolling with your comments about post counts, and when it is referred back to you, with a certain amount of irony, and jest, you take it as a personal insult and feel the need to justify your comments, with aggressive postings. 
To summarise the above.... We do not care about  post numbers on this forum... it is just a fact of life.  Please desist in your negative attitude. and take a leaf out of your own book.... "get a life" and enjoy this forum for what it is.... Wink
Highlighted
Pro

the last forum I used to admin they removed the post count to stop random spam, it didn't change anything other than a few peoples willingness to start a flame war so they could maximise their post count, the more sedate members posted more frequently as well and the spam posts carried on being made regardless.
otoh the fact you bring up having a life instead of ignoring the post and getting on with it suggests a bit of "he doth protest to much"
Highlighted
Grafter

I used to be a Mod on a forum about the old Sega Dreamcast. Any spamming was dealt with promptly and I had a zero tolerance approach to it.
Shame though, it was a good forum that, but it died after a couple of years because everyone abandoned the Dreamcast when the original Xbox came out.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Shutter, a good, well balanced post. Thank you for mentioning the duck thread, it provided a lot of us with much amusement Smiley Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I used to be a Mod on a forum about the old Sega Dreamcast. Any spamming was dealt with promptly and I had a zero tolerance approach to it.
Shame though, it was a good forum that, but it died after a couple of years because everyone abandoned the Dreamcast when the original Xbox came out.site because of the militant and zero tolerance policy we had towards everything.

@Shutter: +1.
RichAllen. I really can't believe I'm replying to you again. Shutter doesn't troll. It's as simple as that. He's been here for many years and is a valued member.
You however continue to slate people about post counts. You then bang on about how you only post quality and not quantity while having a much higher average daily post count than the regulars. To put it bluntly RA, many of your posts are gibberish. You're either slating someone, picking fault with their spelling / grammer, trying to get legal advice for a disk you can see is damaged before purchase, insulting people, using jokes that faded with the dinosaurs or trying to use us to help you pick a fight by proxy with another forum. You're a trouble maker. Do you really think that is quality posting? I don't.
Your version of spamming luckily isn't the same as other peoples. Yours is anything that YOU deem to be increasing a post count. Others recognise that people DO post silly remarks and have a laugh - for fun just as they would in a real conversation. Sheesh, I'd hate to talk to you in person or on the phone because you'd be counting the words I speak - thats the point, forums are where we have conversation and make silly remarks. If you don't get / understand that then it's your problem not ours.
I personally have no issue wih your higher than average daily post count or the number of posts you're clocking up but I do have a problem with you then slagging off other people for it when they are posting less than you.
You say that you were previously a mod.. I suspect you were an over zealous power hungry type that I've seen on many forums. I also run a forum and although it's small (I don't promote the site a lot) I also don't moderate users posts or topics - I just let them get on with it and do as they wish with minimal intervention. If I took your zero tolerance approach it would be dead within a month.

(Before anyone asks: Food for thought)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I used to be a Mod on a forum ...

Ah! A gamekeeper turned poacher  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Topic.
Just come back from Meadowhall, bought a £2 pre-owned Xbox game from Game, took it to the assistant after I picked it up off the shelf, he went in the back and got the disc, but the disc was very badly scratched, he said come back in 10 minutes and he'd run it through their disc cleaning system, by this time I'd already told him that strictly speaking if the game was so badly scratched it was probably unplayable thus not fit for purpose and under the Sale of Goods Act should not be legally sold, he just said take it anyway and keep the receipt in case of problems.
I haven't tried the game in my Xbox yet, but I suspect it might not work due to the disc being so scratched, he was still cleaning it when I went back, but for 2 quid, if it doesn't work I can bin it.
Point is though, should I have made more of a thing about SOGA?

Silly fool you for buying somthing dodgy