cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD beggar

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: RAM Beggar

Who cares? Freecycle is all about people helping each other. He might be skint but trying to sort out a gift for his kids or something.

Stop picking over it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I agree with @7up  

Don`t see any comments about someone starting a "crowdfunding" thingy for whatever reason... so why get on this guys back about it..

As @7up  that`s what freecycle is all about...

Probably the naysayers on here, are miffed, because they never thought of doing it first. ! ! 

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

Hope he's picked up on this:-

https://groups.freecycle.org/group/IslingtonNorthUK/posts/73848726/HP%20LaserJet%20P1505%20(black-an...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@7up  @shutter 

My comment was made in a light-hearted vein.  :thumbsup:

But now the subject has been broached, aren't there some rules on freecycle about frequent requests for items?  ISTR that was the case when I joined many years ago.  :undecided: 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

1 request for a disk drive

1 request for some RAM.

constitutes frequent requests for items?   So what.?... does it really matter ?

Seems to me the whole object of freecycle, is for someone who wants dispose of something, to get in touch with someone who wants something..

I see nothing wrong with the reverse order of that....

Minesapint
Pro

@RobPN 

I haven't looked on Freecycle for ages. 

Asking for modern parts to build a computer seems a bit against the spirit of the thing to me somehow.

Then again, if someone wants to give the parts away why not?

Highlighted
Fixes: 337

Moderator's note(s):

Two threads about Freecycle merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

As long as it gets recycled, who cares.

Just a pity that the 'waste not want not' society got replaced by a 'must have then throwaway' one and yes, we are all guilty. Well I am anyway, although I try not to be. 

How did that happen? :sad:

Community Veteran

Personally I've picked up a few good things on freecycle that I wanted. A DVD box set that I actually asked for (when DVD's were still the latest thing), a couple of TV's (LCD's), a couple of mobiles, and various other things that were put to good use. And before you ask yes I have given some things away as well.

As I have said the only bad things on freecycle are the few scammers offering some latest gear or other. But these get removed quickly as most are now wise to their petrol/postage asks etc.

Yes I suspect some things have changed, depending on your local freecycle, as I do remember a limit on the asking and now you do sometimes get a whole list of things being asked for.

A lot of the good stuff being given away is usually because of people moving like students. Limited by how much they can carry on the bus I guess.

I've never asked for anything silly though I'm not adverse to good things offered.

I'm considering asking for a Ford Kuga.:smiley:  What are my chances. I mean anyone can own one of these nowadays.

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@billnotben  Could yuu afford the delivery charge on a kuga from Barbados?:2funny:

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@TTman 

Infinity said he was travelling by Learjet not Antonov  :wink:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Some people take chances and win, others lose and go on the chastising route when others try the same, if you don't ask, you don't get... Smiley

Though it would be nice to upgrade my 8GB PC to 16GB too... :grin:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@billnotben wrote:

I'm considering asking for a Ford Kuga.:smiley:  What are my chances. I mean anyone can own one of these nowadays.

Might ask for one of those mini computer board thingies myself like the arduino... the BBC microbit...  :wink:

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!