Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPLHCB

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

SPLHCB

It was 50 years ago today....

The iconic Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band LP was released by the Beatles.

Is it really 50 years !!

16 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: SPLHCB

yes 50 years ,, dont time fly Smiley

http://news.sky.com/video/sgt-pepper-it-was-50-years-ago-today-10900182

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Infinity
Pro

Saturday 3rd June 2017

BBC2 @ 9pm

Sgt Peppers' Musical Revolution with Howard Goodall

An in depth analysis of the album, and what went into making it, for the benefit of anyone interested in Pop Music.

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Infinity wrote:

It was 50 years ago today....

The iconic Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band LP was released by the Beatles.

Is it really 50 years !!

Thanks for making me feel ancient - I remember it well.Wink

John
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Decent enough album to be sure but I do remember it as being the end of an era for the Beatles as it all started to get a little bit post flower power weird for my liking, what with all that Maharishi Yogi stuff the boys were getting into. Short lived as they were, I was more into Cream back in those days.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

I have a vinyl copy in the loft....and even something to play it on if it still works.

Sounds like a project for a quiet afternoon Cool

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

I'll trump that with my Stones first ever album, in mono...... and also in the loft. Sadly nothing to play it on Sad

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
maranello
Aspiring Pro

If it is stored in the loft then it is probably unplayable Cry

If not, invest in an ION usb turntable, £45 in Sainsbury's

My other car isn't a Ferrari

I have one of these but it hasn't been used in years.

Infinity
Pro

Infinity wrote:

Saturday 3rd June 2017

BBC2 @ 9pm

Sgt Peppers' Musical Revolution with Howard Goodall

An in depth analysis of the album, and what went into making it, for the benefit of anyone interested in Pop Music.

Excellent programme, brought back many memories of my early days in Music Sound Recording, manipulating the audio tapes, recording effects & strange adapted instruments, and multi tape running mixing downs.

With long streams of 1/4" recording tape from tape machine to tape machine across the recording control room !!

The Mellotron was great fun to play with, Thames TV had an adapted one with tracks (keys) filled with sound effects, as an instant FX replay machine for VT dubbing after editing. (woof, woof !)

Well worth catching it on iPlayer if you have any audio or music interest or knowledge.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Yes it was excellent and exceedingly informative. I was lucky to own a 16 track tape and desk setup many moons ago and the tape in my case was over an inch wide and the reels were really heavy. I certainly wasn't an expert on it, far from it, but it was fun faffing around. Nowadays of course this can all be done in software as was mentioned last night.

Fascinating analysis of the sounds created and the music.

Years ago I had access to a Beocord 4 track machine with sound on sound. It was fun building layers of instruments and vocals.

The Beatles and their engineers were real innovators of music. 

Community Veteran

If you have Amazon Prime you can listen to the album for free, assuming you don't have it on some other medium.

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

When vinyl started losing it's appeal and cd's were just coming to the fore, I used my hi-fi wired to my computer to record my vinyl collection onto hard-drive then burn them to cd. It just wasn't the same though. Yes you got the 'crackles' but didn't seem to get the same tone as vinyl played on a 'proper' machine.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran

I have to agree with your there @Pete11, there is nothing that comes close, and it can sound even better if you've got quality hardware i.e. turntable, stylus, pre-amp and amplifier and of course speakers!

When I was single I was obsessed with my setup, but that all changed for me when the children came along, but I wouldn't of had it any other way.