cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKODA are now being dragged in

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

SKODA are now being dragged in

Just seen on ITV news at ten (tune into freeview channel 33 to see it at 11pm)
SKODA models HAVE been hit by the VW test rigging.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: SKODA are now being dragged in

Part of the VW group - same engines. Seat and Audi will be next.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Presumably only the urine powered ones are effected?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, I don`t care..... not my problem....My car is legal... and, as previously mentioned in another thread denigrating diesels, if VW/Skoda want to call my car in and do some work on it, to alleviate THEIR problems, then that is fine with me..... until then... I`m not worried about it... I shall still drive economically, and in doing so, will be doing much less polluting than those boy racers in their petrol engined go faster mobiles...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
My car is legal..

But is it? It may have passed tests but we know they have been rigged! So if the results were not real and did not comply with EU law / targets then how can it be legal?
And if they do call it in, short of replacing the engine, what are they supposed to do to make it less toxic?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes it is legal..... it has passed the MOT and smoke emission tests...  If the government decide that test is invalid, then they will have to write to me to say so... until then... it is legal.
as mentioned before... it is not my problem... it is for VW/Skoda to sort out...
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
it is not my problem

Thats what VW / VAG thought about the emissions rules too... look where thats got them Tongue
Nothing changes with the Germans does it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Don't mention the war ... oops too late. (sorry couldn't resit the Fawlty Towers bit)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just to be clear, this applies only to certain current vehicles claiming to comply with some of the most stringent emissions standards.
California has been famous for smog going back several years and NOx emissions were identified as a contributor to this so California in particular has had very strict NOx requirements for some years now covering all fuel burning equipment (vehicles, heaters, generators etc.), the required emissions levels (as with Europe and other places) have become more strict over time.
The tests that VW cheated on are the latest, strictest standards and do not apply retrospectively to any older vehicles.
Certain current VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and even some Porsche models may be affected by this.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

My wife has got a Skoda Fabia 1.4 TSI and we are very pleased with it. Plus my Son, who drives a Fabia estate, has a new addition to the family so I am looking to buy him a larger car. So I'm on the lookout for a cheap vehicle from the VW family  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If you don't mind left hand drive then you might be able to get a USA spec Passat or similar really cheap (though the delivery cost might be a bit high).  Tongue
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Quote from: PeterLoftus
So I'm on the lookout for a cheap vehicle from the VW family   Cheesy

Why would you want to buy a VW now they've been exposed as liars and cheats? - They're not interested in your welfare at all.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But they do build good economical cars and I should be able to get a bargain  Smiley
I already have two Skodas and a Seat in the fleet!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
they've been exposed as liars and cheats

If I can't buy a car from a liar or a cheat I guess I'll have to get back on me bike then.
Community Veteran

I never said you can't.. I just asked why he (or anyone) would want to?
Perfectly reasonable question if you ask me given that everyone is weary of dodgy car salesmen and the like.