cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryanair At It Again

geoffp0
Grafter

Ryanair At It Again

Budget airline Ryanair has sparked fury by announcing a £2 per passenger 'compensation levy' on all bookings made from April 4.
The Irish no-frills carrier said the charge was to fund the cost of 'unfair and discriminatory' pay-outs to stranded passengers who face delays or cancellations following disruption - such as during bad weather and  the volcanic ash cloud.
:
But travel experts said Ryanair was simply implementing a straightforward ticket price hike and that it should be billed as such. Rival airlines described it as a 'smokescreen' and  'a very thinly disguised fuel-surcharge'

16 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Ryanair At It Again

Ryanair hurls insults at Which? (formerly the Consumers'  Association) for stating that Ryanair make charges excessive credit/debit  card fees. They do not charge credit/debit card fees says Ryanair. They charge an "admin fee". The "admin fee" can be avoided by using a Mastercard prepaid card.
A Mastercard prepaid card is not a credit card (nor usually regarded a debit card). Therefore the "admin fee" is being charged for using a credit/debit card!
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-dismisses-latest-which-who-or-what-complaint
A prepaid card does not provide the protection that a credit or VISA debit card provides.
johpal
Grafter

Neither are pre-paid cards 'free' to use. Many charge a fee, just for supplying it. Many charge 'loading fees' and many charge for foreign transactions.
Ryanair (and any others) can get s*****d!
itsme
Grafter

Perhaps this is why 78m passengers this year will chose to fly Ryanair and fewer than 30m will fly on fuel surcharging BA while just one man and his dog buys the useless, wrong and irrelevant Which, Who? or What? magazine.”

right so Ryanair fly 78 million BA 30 million then you have all the other airlines, so where are these passengers coming from?
Community Veteran

And if no-one bought Which? (note its correct name - since Ryanair has clearly never heard of them) then they would have gone out of business years ago.  O'Leary's usual aggressive and barracking tactics against anyone who has the temerity to criticise him are designed to bully people into not challenging his company.  The man's a foulmouthed bully, who thinks the law doesn't apply to him or his company.
J
itsme
Grafter

Community Veteran

Is BA still a UK company?
I noticed it is now traded under its new name International Consolidated Airline Group (IAG) on the Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia stock exchanges.
Maybe with all the hullabaloo over Heathrow runways, and discussions with the unions,  IAG is slowly withdrawing from the UK. Plans for Madrid to be the new hub for Europe.

Community Veteran

why not?  let the people living around heathrow get some much-needed peace and quiet.  during to volcano-induced hiatus we had clear skies, somewhat cleaner air and quiet.  it didn't last long enough.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: journeys
Is BA still a UK company?
I noticed it is now traded under its new name International Consolidated Airline Group (IAG) on the Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia stock exchanges.

IAG is also traded on the London Stock Exchange and is a FTSE 100 company. According to Wikipedia Head Office Heathrow, Registered Office Madrid, Principle Share Listing London.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: johpal
Neither are pre-paid cards 'free' to use. Many charge a fee, just for supplying it. Many charge 'loading fees' and many charge for foreign transactions.

I have an AA Mastercard prepayment card. No charge to obtain. No top-up fee as I top-up by transfer from my bank. I don't make any foreign transactions.  They pay me 0.5p-1p in high street vouchers per £1 I spend. If I were an  AA member they would pay 1p-2p in high street vouchers per £1 spent.
Community Veteran

BA joined forces with Iberia some months back to create IAG. Willie Walsh is the chairman.  Both companies operate under their original brands and Walsh has stated that will continue.  IAG is also looking for other airlines that can become a part of the consortium.  They have a code share agreement with American Airlines.
john50
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
  IAG is also looking for other airlines that can become a part of the consortium.  They have a code share agreement with American Airlines.

Ah so in 10 years time all the airlines will be one big happy family setting prices accordingly,
but I hear you all cry  "Thats not legal"  .................unless your companys big enough  Cheesy
thejudge
Grafter

Might I suggest some in-flight entertainment?

>

Slightly not-suitable-for-work language.
Community Veteran

I like southwest

there are many more on youtube
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you sure  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12945453
Holed Southwest Airlines flight makes emergency landing