cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian doctor hits & kills patient in hospital

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Russian doctor hits & kills patient in hospital

I wont share the link here but basically a doctor in Russia came in a room and heavily assaulted two men because one had touched a nurse!!. One of whom he killed. Russia's Investigative Committee has launched a criminal case against the doctor under the article "infliction of death by negligence." If found guilty under it, the doctor faces up to two years in prison.
I watched the video the full 11 odd minutes, the guy he killed was punched and he fell to the floor and that was him....gone. The doctor tried to resuscitate him and didn't mean to kill the bloke but still up to two year? I wont be visiting that surgery any time soon. Shocking.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Russian doctor hits & kills patient in hospital

Probably fuelled by ethanol...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It was a disgusting incident and a shocking one.  People like that should not be in the medical profession if they do not genuinely care about people.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

in a similar position, i'd have decked the guy.  those two thugs were harassing and assaulting the female nursing staff.  the doctor stepped in to protect them.  i'd call it involuntary manslaughter on what turned out to be a delicate flower.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Well, I hope if they proceed with the prosecution, the other man, the survivor, gets prosecuted for indecent assault or attempted rape ( If prosecutors want to prosecute a man to the fullest extent for doing the decent thing, then they should carry that ethos through to all concerned).
If he had struck him many times or stabbed him etc then I could agree with him being prosecuted.  Sad
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I didn't  realize this story was from a few weeks ago. The doctor, 32-year-old Ilya Zelendinov, faces 15 years in prison for punching the 55-year-old patient who a nurse complained had kicked her.The patient did not defend himself against the doctor, Markin said. The doctor punched the patient in the head, and the patient fell onto a concrete floor, incurring a severe brain injury that is believed to have killed him, Markin added.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Yeah it was on the trusty daily mail.. I think there was a video of the incident too which showed a rather horrific strike
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!