cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia leans on notebook brands

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Russia leans on notebook brands

From the Inq http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1495515/russia-leans-notebook-brands
Russia is trying to get the manufactures to STOP installing M$ on all the laptops, and to offer peeps a change to install what they want. Way to go Russia! Cheesy
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Russia leans on notebook brands

Yes, it's high time that people had a choice. At the moment, it is extremely difficult to purchase a laptop with no operating system - only company that I have heard of is Novatech. If you buy a laptop (not a Mini one) with Linux pre-installed it  can be more pricey than getting one with Windows on and wiping it.
Companies wouldn't like it though 'cos they would have to make sure that everything was compatible with different operating systems and that would cost them money I suppose.
Community Veteran

Good for Russia.  Cheesy
I thought our Government was trying to put on Open such systems on all Government PC's and had being in negotiations with MS too - but they were dragging on.
Community Veteran

Quote from: biker955
Russia is trying to get the manufactures to STOP installing M$ on all the laptops, and to offer peeps a change to install what they want.
Until Microsoft makes the payment and then all will be back to the status quo