cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia begins Syria raids

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Russia begins Syria raids

It appears the Americans are not happy that Putin has a back bone, i hope he eradicates the filth over there it's more than the Americans and the British governments are doing. Cant see this going on for years ( as Obama stated ) now the Russians have been given the all clear to start attacking the terrorists. How this is reported in the MSM will of course be... well quite strange.
Kerry 'complains to Lavrov' over strikes
Posted at 14.50
The US appears to be unhappy with Russia's decision to launch air strikes. One official told the AFP news agency that Secretary of State John Kerry has complained to his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, saying the move "runs counter to their stated efforts of deconfliction and is not helpful to that effort

Live updates here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-34404438
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Russia begins Syria raids

Backbone or not I personally think that Putin is stoking the fire between russia and the rest of the world.
Don't get me wrong, I do realise that we need an opposing power to keep the USA in its place but i would prefer it to be another democratic country.. not one that runs the way russia does - under control of one man.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

s'okay, the nukes'll be falling soon, so everything'll be fine... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And the stories have started that Russia is attacking Assad's enemies who are US allies
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

they were repotting that just after tea time last night /
of course Russia will be targeting everything/one that is opposing Assad, hate him or love him the guy did a really good job at keeping the peace in Syria for a long time, anyone who breached the peace was eradicated using whatever weapon system was closest and if it killed a few hundred non combatants in the process he didn't care, most people respected that and as such the country was largely peaceful for a long time, the current crisis is largely down to the UN and the western allies trying to justify getting rid of someone they see as "wrong", primarily because he sells so much oil and gas to Russia ....... if they were really opposed on ideological grounds to the way he has ruled over the country they would also be deposing Iran, Saudi , the UAE and pretty much every other predominantly Muslim country in the middle east and Africa since they are all run in the exact same way....

personally I hope Russia succeeds in aiding Assad to crush his opponents (all of them) and return the country to peace, he will of course be using it as a news screen to cover up what's going on in other parts of the old soviet union and trying to keep the entire UJN assembly focused on the wrong theatre until it too late and the iron curtain is back in place so Russia can recover from its disastrous attempts to keep its economy going whilst the corrupt officials of the old comrade era continue the old ways of printing cash as required for each other ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Agree with you nanotm for once lol. Stories of all kinds were flying around yesterday before the Russians got a chance to land. It seems all the UK and White House have to say is ' get rid of Assad ' have they not learned? Russians played a blinder here really but of course it could become dangerous. 20 strikes and 8 ISIS targets hit is not half bad is it? According to Russia WMD elements are in the hands of ISIS? ring any bells? lol.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Russia can afford to expend an awful lot of old munitions and if some of the rumours are true it will be a lot safer and cheaper than decommission or refurbishment, so there's a good chance they will finish the job Isis started of flattening chunks of Syria, they don't even need to justify their actions with claims of WMD's although claiming that Isis has them will make a good smokescreen to cover up Russian usage and of course provide for faster escalation to nuke chucking which is going to let Russia save several trillion rubles in the costs of regeneration of those assets......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you