Community Veteran

Rush Hour

Hope nobody's in a hurry to get home Wink Wink
16 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: Rush Hour

thats got to be fake.
if you look at the cars on th right hand side that are in the shadow of the fly over even tho all the car is dark from the shadow of the fly over they still have a shadow wen the sun begins again on the road
Euge
Grafter

I think it's the copy/pasted cars that give it away  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well it could be a long bad story, but heres the short version.
The Dartford Crossing a a la M25  was supposed to go free when the cost sum was recovered i.e a couple of years ago, however a Jobs worth decided that it would be better to increase the tolls from £1.00 to £1.50 to deter the motorist and reduce pollution.
The net result, nobody has the correct money and at rush hour times the stationary queues are now up to 9 mile during the rush hour, but it is only 3 lane of polution
Community Veteran

Well I don't use them  nearly so much now - but the tolls have been removed from the Forth and Tay road bridges - and now traffic just flows freely, whereas before in heavy traffic conditions - there were queues.
And surely traffic slowing down, and stop /starting burns more fuel / creates more pollution that traffic flowing over the bridge at a steady 50 mph - which is the speed limit ( I think ! ).
Fixes: 125

If you look roughly in the centre of the picture you can clearly see that five lanes have been copied and placed adjacently.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

as far as i know, this country has a maximum of four lane highways and mostly three on motorways.
Community Veteran

The M25 is being widened in many places to 4 lanes.  This is causing heavy delays at present on the clockwise direction on the eastern section.
Community Veteran

Western section..... (J17 etc.)  Wink
James
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
The M25 is being widened in many places to 4 lanes.  This is causing heavy delays at present on the clockwise direction on the eastern section.

Dad drives past it every day.  When we were on the way home, he remembered the road works Cheesy
My retort was that at least he could drive to work Tongue
Community Veteran

I think many UK motorways have sections that are five or more lanes for a mile or so - near some junctions - Parts of the M6 and even A1M come to mind
csogilvie
Grafter

Yeah, the M25 always looks absolutely jam packed when driving over it on the M40 in the mornings and evenings... makes me glad I don't have to go on the M25!
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Used to drive about 30 miles each way, daily on it.
Scary thing was that some days I would arrive in the office and have absolutely no recollection of having driven on it!

James
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
I think many UK motorways have sections that are five or more lanes for a mile or so - near some junctions - Parts of the M6 and even A1M come to mind

Do you mean 4 or 5?  I thought the M25 had its widest parts at 4?
I think the M1 *might* have 5 at the M6 junction where the traffic separates into the different directions.
Community Veteran

I'm struggling to remember where there may be a six lane section where two three lane motorways run alongside and merge - possibly the M6 / M61.
And the Thelway viaduct on the M6 over the Manchester ship canal has four lanes on each bridge - introduced when they built a new one parallel with the old bridge.