cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rugby World Cup

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Rugby World Cup

South Africa will blow England away, then the commentators will say something along the lines of "well, we didn't win it this year, but we did win the last world cup" then talk about that all night.
Anyone else got any predictions? Wink
TomP
Grafter

Must really hurt to never win a major tournament and then have to watch English produced programmes  Grin
Bring it on SA!
James
Grafter

Not really sure what we're going to be able to do.  That South Africa side are awesome.  The pace they have on the wing is simply incredible.
I reckon we should just ask them not to touch the ball.
Nicely, obviously.
Community Veteran

The England team has started to play at last, and when it comes to the final, it's one game, and it could go either way.
Remember England has lots of experience of being in the final (they've been in the last three!!)
As a radio presenter said yesterday, the way to stop SA scoring, is not to give them the ball!
John
James
Grafter

Weren't we also in the 1993 final?
Community Veteran

I believe they won the sevens in 1993.  There wasn't a rugby world cup in that year.  They were 91, 95, 99, 03 and of course 07 Roll eyes
James
Grafter

Ah, that's me just confusing myself then Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Didn't Australia win the 99 world cup?
TomP
Grafter

What a beautiful performance from those brilliant lads who were full of pride.
True English lion hearts out there tonight, showed true ENGLISH grit and determination. What a performance. No Habana, no running from South Africa and no sweaty socks past the quarter finals (As expected really!)
Wonder how many people will come out with 'Oh South Africa won it by kicking it' or 'South Africa were the 3rd highest points scorer, 6th highest line out winner, twelvethiet longest name, ninety second tallest squad...... Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes '
Brave performance from the true lion hearts in white, South Africa took the penalties when they needed to, Jonny missed 2 key drop goals.
Wasn't a try, but there were a few dodgy obstruction calls, but in true rugby fashion, get on with it.
Well done you brave brave lion hearts!