cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish

Community Veteran

Rubbish

Here we are Samuria talk rubbish (no change there then)
It seem the new idiots running the asylum have now given councils the power to fine you up to £100 for putting to much rubbish in your bin, putting it out to soon, putting it in the wrong place.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4449543.ece
So it will become a more serious crime than shoplifting and some other crimes.
We have a problem that we put out our bins with a lid that closes but then the Poles down the road dump their  rubbish  in our bin so its overfull and lots of other peoples bins as well. So the bin man will come along and fine me £100 being totally innocent.
I dont like the man down the road so I will fill his bin so its over full and get him fined.
Bin men will be come gods upset them and they will fill your bin and fine you.
The only way you can be safe is to put your bin out and stand guard over it so nothing happens to it or a kid moves it.
The stupid bit around are way is if you have to much rubbish and you put a bag out with the bin they wont take it. It then get ripped by dogs and its all over the place so then the council send people out in a lorry to tidy the mess up which wouldnt be there if they just picked it up in the first place.
3 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Rubbish

It is up to the council to prove that you overfilled your bin. If there is any reasonable doubt then the householder cannot be fined. The fines are there as a deterrent, to be used as a last resort for persistent offenders.
Not such a dramatic story when it's well researched.
Community Veteran

Thats is assuming that lunatics are not  running the asylum. Some jobs worth will take it to extreme. Last week our bins weren't emptied as there was a car park near the street which would mean the bin men would have to drag the bins 6 ft to the lorry which they wouldnt do.
We have had wardens book disabled people for dropping litter thay through it in the bin and missed and before they could pick it up(not easy if you are disabled) they fined them £50. We had wardens follow a women alone in the dark in an unmarked van for 40 mins to try and catch her leaving dog mess. She didnt know it was wardens and thought she was going to be attacked.
That is the sort of council we have they will love the bins and see it as a license to print money
nadger
Rising Star

I noticed bin man checking our bin this morning before they emptied it  - I've been clearing garage and have been filling bin level with top of late.
With collections once a fortnight bins are bound to be more full on collection day - problem is that councils want it both ways  Angry