Royal Navy new jet for new carriers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Royal Navy new jet for new carriers

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Royal Navy new jet for new carriers

A promising development, but "Flown by the US Marine Corps..." says it all!  Smiley
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

We have heard that one before  Lips are sealed Lips are sealed Lips are sealed
Another problem will arise before its due , as per usual  Wink and i hope they dont want to try the ejector seat , that dont work correctly  Roll eyes
also i cant carry as much ordinance as they said , its NOT really stealthy , engines are unreliable ,
Basically more chance a Harrier will land on the new carrier  Cheesy 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@rongtw
I am assuming that you  have passed all that information  to the relevant department heads at the M.O.D.  so that they can rectify those defects , or take your advice and bring back the out of date Harriers...  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
bring back the out of date Harriers...  Roll eyes

I expect plans are already in place to buy back the Harriers that was sold to America.
Probably at a thousand times the price they were sold for.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: shutter
@rongtw
I am assuming that you  have passed all that information  to the relevant department heads at the M.O.D.  so that they can rectify those defects , or take your advice and bring back the out of date Harriers...  Roll eyes

a modernisation program for building new harriers with up to date equipment was shelved in favour of the F35, the F35 is still not airworthy despite being 5 years overdue and suffering major production line quality problems, however having said that a harrier wouldn't be that bad, no other aircraft has been able ot do a crowd bow nor has it been such an awe inspiring side on a firepower demonstration, its major limitation has always been the fuel consumption but that can be fixed utilising modern manufacturing techniques (3d printing of parts to massively save weight) and thus the harrier reimagined could in theory not only be sleeker faster more capable option but actually the only practical option, the F14 was good in its day as a sea launched option but we flogged ours to the USA because the F22 &F24 were not ready for use during recent conflicts and their ageing kit needed spares (and we already had the Eurofighter)  similar reasons lead to us flogging the harrier, however we should be designing and building our own jet rather than buying non working off the shelf kit that will end up being a bigger money pit that the chinnoks have been (they were similarly non functioning when bought and have had 8 upgrade programs and still cant operate in all weathers...)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Shutter i dont think the MOD have ever heard of Mr GOOGLE  Cool
I agree the US version of the harrier AV8B would have been better than the F35 , i cant rember where but i recently read the US navy has reduced its order for the f35 to 12  Roll eyes
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

5 years late is nothing, the Typhoon was over 20 years late coming into service.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Speaking of the Royal Navy, this looks interesting : http://www.channel4.com/programmes/royal-navy-school
Monday 8th at 21:00 on C4.