Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Navy cuts :(

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Royal Navy cuts :(

looks like some are getting annoyed at the Cut to Navy Ships Sad

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/senior-royal-navy-officer-resigns-royal-navy-faces-drastic-cuts/

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Royal Navy cuts :(

The two White Elephants have gobbled all the food.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I am sure that there are many more "senior" and not so senior Officers, who feel the same way.... but they lack the "guts" that this one has, and will just carry on doing the usual  "mumble, mumble, discontent", amongst themselves in the wardrooms....

As far as the MOD is concerned... his resignation,... whilst " a bit embarassing" from the "news" point of view,  (for the time being,)... they will be pleased that he has resigned, as they won`t have him "upsetting the system" from within...  however, he may still decide to voice his concerns in his non-naval position, which could be just as embarassing for the MOD..

As a point of interest..... One of many reasons that I resigned in 1972  at the end of 12 years service, was due to the cuts being taken at that time... meaning fewer "forren postings" and more of a "coastal patrol navy"..than a world wide naval power. 

I remember when we had enough ships for ....  " The Home Fleet"... ( I was on CINC Home Fleet staff for some time)... The Mediterranean Fleet,..... The Far East Fleet...  we had Naval bases in Gibraltar, Malta, Aden, Mombasa, Capetown, Singapore, & Hong Kong, amongst others...

You may have noticed, that my resignation changed nothing, and the Navy has become exactly what I thought, way back then...

It is good to see the new carriers on their way to joining the fleet, ... and also the other new ships on the slipway being constructed...  Doing away with the Amphibious support ships will be  a blow to the capability of the RN and RM .... .... I am disappointed we did not get the full complement of 12 Daring Class Destroyers... 

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Fraudulent.Only one original Navy Cut!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Champnet
Rising Star

Was that part of the Senior Service ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13