cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail

Fixes: 125

Royal Mail

Many threads have berated Royal mail recently on their service so just wanted to say I ordered a card for SWMBO on Sunday evening from MoonPig using ordinary 1st Class post.
It arrived this morning Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Royal Mail

I buy lots of computer parts on eBay, and Royal Mail have delivered both 1st and 2nd class items within two days all through the busy period over the past few weeks.
My only gripe, is their big increase in packet and parcel prices earlier this year, so now I send larger items by MyHermes for a third of Royal Mail's prices.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I find that to send anything over letter size is cheaper with a drop off service like hermes than rm. I can send a 1Kg parcel for £2.40 using them vs the £4 from rm.
Marksfish
Grafter

We have a pretty good postman. Yesterday when he rang on the door with a package, he noticed it was addressed to the wife and a description of the contents on the label. He worried it may be a christmas present for me, so tried to blank out the description with a pen, which didn't really work. He then had some stickers in his pocket which he stuck over, in an attempt to avoid spoiling my surprise.
The package wasn't intended for me, but the intentions were there  Smiley
Gone are the days when you could leave a bottle of wine or 6 pack on the doorstep for them as we can never guarantee if it will be the postie that is "more regular" than the others.
Mark
Community Veteran

I got a letter this morning addressed to a different property on the street.  Here royal mail has changed noticebly in the last half year or so.
I guess some is for the better.
Previously I used to get post just about every day but a lot of it was junk mail.
Now my post comes in batches, I will get nothing for 1-2 weeks then suddenly 3-4 letters in a batch the same day, dates of the letters been sent is often a week before I get.
The amount of junk mail I get as a result is significantly reduced.  But I suspect I am losing valid mail and alot of mail is also been much slower to deliver.
My parents were sent our Christmas cards from me and my sisters mid December, they still havent got them.
Community Veteran

I think I get a very good service from Royal Mail. Deliveries are generally within a few days of posting.Ii also have a very good postman who sees all packages go completely through the letterbox and if there is a big package whilst I am not in he will leave it somewhere convenient for me.
Community Veteran

The only thing I don't like is every several months or so they change the postman.
Just as you're getting used to them and they are getting used to the people and route.
I did ask a posty why that was and he assumed it was one of the bosses idea of security.
Seems to be a bit counter productive though from the customers point of view.
And if true I'm surprised their union would put up with their members all being tarred with a petty thief brush.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The local postie is a throwback to the good old days and in our semi rural area we seem to keep ours. We still get coal and oil delivered but I remember getting milk and papers delivered and the bin men used to be like a delivery as much as they used to come onto your property and collect and return the bins
My rant over the Royal Mail is that behind the house delivery its just another courier type service and not particularly efficient. We've lost our !local sorting office so if we loose our local postie who we relate to we would face a twenty mile round trip for collections.
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra