Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail rant

RichAllen
Grafter

Royal Mail rant

Topic.
Mad innit? |The rota for my carers for next week hasn't arrived despite being posted on Wednesday this week, yet I ordered a Blu Ray from Amazon yesterday, and it's come today.
Sounds like Royal Fail have their priorities sorted, I wouldn't mind but even second class it shouldn't take 3 days for the rota to come.. Good job I rang up this lunch time to see who's coming next week even though I'm not really supposed to use my phone at work.

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Royal Mail rant

I also find that stuff ordered from Amazon and then delivered by the Royal Mail arrives fairly quickly, yet other stuff such as Hospital Appointments can arrive 4 or 5 days after the Hospital has send they have been sent.
Community Veteran

In general I don't have any problems with RM.  I find their service very good.
@gleneagles, I think hospitals say they will send out appointments but they don't actually leave on the day you make an appointment on the phone.  They simply put the letter in a queue for sending. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We're buying a property. Our solicitor's office is 75 yards down the road from us. A new office junior at the solicitor  posted some documents to us instead of just walking along the road. The letter took 5 days to reach our house.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

royal mail takes the blame for other people's laggardliness a lot of the time.
Community Veteran

This is very true!
How much mail do you get these days that is not dated? Or, date as postmark?
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Doesn't the service vary so much simply because the RM postal service may be doing the delivering to your door but it's not necessary the postal service that picked up the item at the start.
So who can really tell who's to blame for any delays.
janitor
Grafter

I often find that stuff posted through these other postal collectors takes longer to arrive, my credit card statement takes a two days  longer than it used to when going through RM.
Community Veteran

I have been ticked off by the NHS for failing to turn up for a minor operation appointment which I was expecting (but not when). Needless to say that it still has not come a week later. I suppose that I shall go to the bottom of the pile now, which is probably 6 months deep, when they can save even more money by not sending the next letter!!  I dread to think what will happen for  the two more serious ops the Consultant has in mind!!!!
Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: colintivy
I have been ticked off by the NHS for failing to turn up for a minor operation appointment which I was expecting (but not when).

Moons ago their occupational health dept wrote to me with an appointment as I was off sick. They decided to write to the wrong address and then state that failure to turn up would incur a penalty (not that they're lawfully allowed to do so but thats another topic for another time). Anyway I think it was something like £30 they were threatening to charge me if I didn't turn up.
Luckily our postie is very good and knows everyone here locally - he lives in the same road! I got the letter despite it being addressed elsewhere and sent them my thoughts and an invoice for my time correcting their error. They were sooooooo apologetic it was beyond belief. The NHS never apologise to me about anything - they're never wrong yet this time they couldn't go out of their way enough for me. I never pursued my invoice lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!