cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail rant part 2

RichAllen
Grafter

Royal Mail rant part 2

So I ordered Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds: New Generation on Blu Ray last week from Amazon, it was dispatched on Sunday to reportedly come today, waited in till 1.30 PM for Post man, no post! This is the second time in 3 weeks an order has been delayed, I thought Amazon were using drones now instead of Royal Fail for deliveries?
I've just rung customer services on the 0800 number, the annoyingly useless CS bloke says it now won't come till Friday! Um, what? This is not acceptable when I pay extra for Amazon Prime to supposedly get 1 day deliveries at an extra tenner a month.
I will be knocking that on the head shortly.
33 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Royal Mail rant part 2

There are a few posts of mine on here concerning poor service from Royal Mail, a few instances where parcels were delivered to the wrong address.
You have my sympathies.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RichAllen
Grafter

A few months back my Dad received a delivery in Sheffield, which was addressed to somebody in flipping Basingstoke! Different post code and everything!
How stupid are the posties at Pond St sorting office?!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

perhaps a stupid question, but on the delivery part of checkout are you checking to see if its listing it under free next day delivery (courier) or the free standard delivery (royal mail)
I ask because I had to change a default setting as part of one click setup to make it default to courier deliveries rather than the extra week of free royal mail time delay
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

I have just spoken to Amazon customer services again, and have cancelled my Amazon Prime membership, £49 a year = total waste of money IMO.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Never had any problems with Royal Mail here (in the south - not far from Basingstoke actually!). Much better than other companies: ahem *Yodel, City Link*.
Not as good as DPD though, who are FANTASTIC.
Fixes: 47

I've had parcels ordered on a 3 to 5 day free delivery arrive the next day.
I've also had next day delivery orders take 4 days so I usually select free delivery and take pot luck.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Our postie who delivers the larger packages is a rather attractive blonde slim woman.
It's costing me a fortune in eBay and Amazon stuff !!!  Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

I've said before that I generally get a very good service from Royal Mail.  From my experience of mail services in Europe and America we can't complain.
Fixes: 121

I don't know about postal services in the EU but in Ukraine it's pretty abysmal. I gave up sending stuff to SWMBO's family long ago.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

It came today, so much for useless Amazon customer service rep and "it won't come till Friday", do these people get paid to talk out of their trousers?!
I cancelled Amazon Prime last night, waste of money because contrary to what it advertises, it actually doesn't guarantee 1 day deliveries.
Community Veteran

I'm sure the CS rep was simply trying to help.  Smiley

Quote from: RichAllen
I have just spoken to Amazon customer services again, and have cancelled my Amazon Prime membership, £49 a year = total waste of money IMO.

Almost every order from Amazon where I select the Free (if available) or First Class option it usually arrives the day after I get the email informing me the item(s) has been dispatched.
On Sunday I ordered 3 items but as there wasn't a Free delivery option I took the Prime 30 day trial (actually had the trial previously maybe 4/5 years ago). Received the email informing me the items were dispatched yesterday and given a tracking number. The items failed to arrive today and the tracking still shows 'Item <tracking number> arrived at South Western Distribution Centre on the 2013-12-16 and we are currently processing it.'. It's been stuck at that for over 24 hours.
So, maybe you are right and Amazon Prime is a waste of time  Sad
P.S. I cancelled the prime within minutes of completing the order as I have no intention of going beyond the trial period.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Amazon pay their staff a pittance - what do you expect?

I don't see that the error is with Amazon but rather Royal Mail.
I just don't see the point of paying the extra to Amazon for Prime when there appears to be no actual benefit with RM in using it.