Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail Jobsworth :(

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Royal Mail Jobsworth :(

feeling rather angry with royal mail at the moment Sad

i recently sent some money to a Ex Forces Charity who had recently helped me Thumbs Up

The Veterans Charity Thumbs Up  as a thank you the posted me one of their Lapel pin badges .

IMG_20180502_141434.jpg

Anyhow today i recived a card through my letter box saying a excess charge of £1.50 needed to be paid ?.

At the sorting office as soon as i saw the envelope i knew who it was from , what happend was the Badge twisted in the envelope and would not pass through his size gauge Shocked

And he would not let me try to twist it so it fits untill i had paid the £1.50  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they must send hundreds of the badges out each week with first class stamps .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: Royal Mail Jobsworth :(

You should check  "on line" and see where/who you should complain to....

Bearing in mind... when the item is posted, the receiving cashier, should poke it through one of those "fake" letterboxes... and charge accordingly.... it seems like your assumption was correct... in that it DID pass through on receipt...

your "jobsworth" bod, probably thought it was a good wheeze to try and extract some more money... not understanding the way the system works on the "INPUT" side... he tried it on, and found that it would not go through, therefore a charge should be made...

double standards   ? ? ?  Yeah... I think so... depending on which counter you are working... (receipt or despatch)..

alanj
Aspiring Pro

@rongtw

Perhaps it would be a good idea to remove that picture - it shows your name and address very clearly.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@shutter yes i have already made a strong complaint to Royal mail

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Try to get the local/national press interested?

Monday is always a dry news day so.......

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
RobPN
Pro
Fixes: 3

It could well be that the charity is simply attaching a postage stamp and sticking the envelopes in a post box without the envelope going anywhere near a Post Office counter.

We've received birthday cards before which have had 'excess postage' payable on them due to the fact the card has one of those brooch-type badges pinned to it.  The sender will have unknowingly just posted it in a normal post box without realising they need to pay more than standard postage.

Edit: corrected with to without

Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@RobPN  Fair Point !... Wink

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I remember a number of years ago receiving a spate of under paid postage items. The first 2 turned out to be rubbish circulars, (the post office wouldn't tell who they were from before I paid) the next one that happened, I got notice of the standard 3 weeks to pay and collect and I said I wasn't going too - if people can't put the correct postage on etc, etc.....Anyway I relented with 2 days to go and when I opened the envelope there was £200 in it as a birthday present Cheesy

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Mayfly

Thumbs Up

JayG
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I've got one of those 'unable to deliver' cards too - the mystery being that I have no outstanding parcels en route that I am aware of. Undecided

Having spoken to a friend in a similar situation, her curiosity got the better of her so she paid the £1.50 and it turned out to be a catalogue she hadn't even ordered.

I'll just let Royal Mail return it to the original sender methinks (can't think of anyone who would send me £200 in the post unless it's one of those nice chaps in Nigeria I keep reading about!) 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

No fee to be paid, but after one undelivered note about a parcel was left I went over to the sorting office which was about four miles away - only to be told it was not with them but with my local post office. So it was off into town, all the hassle of parking and into the post office - only to be told that the note I had was not "proof of ID" and I would need that before it was handed over. 

So, drove back home, got my passport and back into town, parked up again, and over to the post office where they duly handed it over but  crikey what a load of bother and what an obnoxious 'jobsworth' counter clerk who seemed determined not to make my day. I could happily have punched their lights out I was that mad although I got the feeling they were not to pleased with having to hold on to a rather large roll of insulation foil!

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

At our sorting office they will take a credit/debit card in your name as proof of ID.  That's also stated on an official looking Royal Mail poster next to the collection desk.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I tried that, and they also refused to accept my bus pass as ID - and that had my photograph on it!

Thankfully the couple that ran it left, and it closed shortly afterwards so now we just have one of those half baked post office counters at the back of the newsagents. On reflection they were just being plain awkward and even the other customers were bemused by it all. What made it worse on the day was all the running around, parking, and the having to queue.... again.

I actually reported them but all to no avail, I did not even get a reply. 

Maybe it got 'lost' in the post Crazy2

Fixes: 70

A while ago I went to my local delivery office to collect a parcel.

There was the usual queue from the small office up the path outside and it was raining.

A man, 2 people in front of me was complaining to anyone who would listen about the poor service.

We finally got inside the tiny wailing room and it was this man's turn to collect.

There were raised voices when the man was asked for ID and didn't have any.

We then stared in shocked disbelief as the man climbed onto the counter, squeezed through the small serving hatch and snatched his parcel from the shocked counter clerk.

He then squeezed back through the hatch and stormed off up the path complaining loudly.

I couldn't believe how such a large man could get through a small serving hatch and at speed Shocked

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Strat WOW Funny