cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Flush

Steve
Pro

Royal Flush

A luxury toilet controlled by a smartphone app is vulnerable to attack, according to security experts.Retailing for up to $5,686 (£3,821), the Satis toilet includes automatic flushing, bidet spray, music and fragrance release.The toilet, manufactured by Japanese firm Lixil, is controlled via an Android app called My Satis.But a hardware flaw means any phone with the app could activate any of the toilets, researchers say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23575249
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 122

Re: Royal Flush

You're in the toilet, the flush lever is just in front (or behind you) depending on the task yet it is deemed necessary to have a phone app to do this simple task Shocked
A bidet spray - tried that - they don't work Angry
Music - often have that while actually using the toilet Wink
Fragrance release - same as for music Tongue

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The toilet uses bluetooth to receive instructions via the app, but the Pin code for every model is hardwired to be four zeros (0000), meaning that it cannot be reset and can be activated by any phone

To be fair, thats hardly a big issue is it.
1) How many people in the same neighbourhood are going to have these toilets?
2) Who's going to want to connect and flush a strangers toilet?
3) Most blue tooth headsets are set to the same 0000 code too and yet this is apparently ok!
Seriously I don't see this as a threat. Sure, if it was controlled via TCP/IP over the internet I'd be a little concerned but by blue tooth? - Pointless.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

It would of been a great April Fool prank wouldn't It? I have never heard so much ' dribble ' In all my entire life!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Actually yes that would be a excellent prank on the rich... nice little blue tooth cantenna with an amplified signal or something and aim it down millionaires row lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!