cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roswell did happen?!

David_W
Rising Star

Roswell did happen?!

Just read this story.  At first I thought it was an Aprils fool, albeit a bit late, but no, it appears the FBI did publish a memo confirming that aliens did land at Roswell - or actually crash.
Makes you wonder if aliens really do exist, well, obviously they exist, in a universe this large it'll be impossible, or practically impossible, for life to exist only on this tiny planet, but intelligent life which can cross the vastness of space in a weather balloon.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Roswell did happen?!

There can be some pretty rough intergalactic weather which has to be documented.
But seriously I believe there is extraterrestrial life on the grounds stated by David W.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

Far too many Sci-Fi depictions of so-called aliens resemble those from the link above for my liking Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I heard about this today via slashdot.
No idea what the fuss is about really, i think we all know we're unlikely to be alone in the universe and that any real proof of alien existence will be hidden for many years until they think we're ready for it. No doubt the USA has developed all sorts of tech from it too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Given its a daily mail article, can someone give me the run down on how this affects the value of my house and what the increased cancer risk is?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Fixes: 47

It's unlikely to affect the value of your house unless ET lands on it....and if he does then cancer will be the least of your worries Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No doubt life exists in the universe but I doubt it is as developed as ours.
All this talk of aliens is just rubbish. Sure the letters printed by the press are real but remember the Cold war was on and if the other side thought you had access to more advanced weapons as a result of some flying saucer(s) that happened to crash land in your country then they may be more reluctant to start a war.
A Bit of research on the Autopsy of this so called alien will confirm it was a hoax by a film company.
It's like these people who own old castles and houses, just create a ghost and visitor numbers will go up ten fold as will your income !
David_W
Rising Star

If you look at things logically, without the whole "are they among us" thing, logically speaking there should be intelligent life out there who may be quite capable of travelling the stars by now.  The Universe is quite old, around 13 billion, the Earth on the other hand is only 5 billion years old and humans as a species has only been around for the blink of an eye and probably not rather intelligent for most of that blink.  Logically there will be planets where life could form that are much older than the Earth, and of course their first life forms which may have become sentient may not have been wiped out like our dinosaurs were.
It isn't something we will find out in our lifetime (probably) but, logically, we're not alone and to think we're the only intelligent species in the universe it's a bit like saying the earth is flat (not that anyone actually did, Columbus thought it was shaped like a pear)
I cannot say whether Roswell happened or not, that's something we'll never know, I'd like to think it *did* happen, mainly because if it did then the aliens haven't come and invaded us, which is generally a good sign.