Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robocop remake 2014

RichAllen
Grafter

Robocop remake 2014

Anyone seen the trailer?
I watched the original on Netflix on Xbox last night, brilliant IMO, and I've seen the trailer for the remake, sadly like most remakes it's doomed to suck compared to the original IMO.
Thoughts?
I'm now watching Robocop 2 on Netflix, Robocop 3 was rubbish so I won't watch that one.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Robocop remake 2014

I thought Robocop was excellent especially back then when I had a thing for Nancy Allen who was also in Dressed to Kill.
The Robocop sequels were, in my opinion, extremely poor. I will probably catch the remake sometime but not that interested.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

As for the remake, if it comes on IMAX I am not paying the extra 4 quid at Cineworld for it, not worth it IMO.
Fixes: 47

Looks like worth a watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Thunderclap
Grafter

Let me guess, a remake that's somewhere between Call of Duty versus GTA in Imax 3D? With bolt-on franchising.
Surely a cinema audience (under 25s) having grown up on first person shooter games, having to sit and watch passively whilst someone else kills everything in sight for no reason than, "it is my duty to kill the script," will be very frustrated? They'll be tweeting 'sequels suck'  from their $50 seats.
RichAllen
Grafter

The original has a good story, a bit Frankenstein, in that the main character, played by Peter Weller, is gunned down by the head baddies, and is then turned into a Cyborg, Robocop, who eventually decides to go after the guys who "killed" him, and uncover a top level conspiracy in OCP, the company which "built" him.