cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadworks

geewizz
Grafter

Roadworks

I think that Edinburgh might be up for some awards at this year's Roadworks Awards. I got stuck at major roadworks five times today which meant that journeys which should have totalled 3 hours ended up at twice that length. I lost 40 minutes at the new roundabout being built beside Ikea, an hour at the Sheriffhall roundabout revamp, 10 minutes at the Fort Kinnaird sliproad closure (the one with no diversion signs), 20 mins avoiding the congestion caused by the new tram lines and another half hour going back through Sheriffhall roundabout.
I shudder to think how much extra it cost me in diesel too. I feel for those people who commute into Edinburgh. I only have to do this sort of thing once in a blue moon and it wasn't particularly pleasant.
Later on I was driving through the countryside and noting all the changes they have made to the roads around my area in the last 10 years. I was struck by how many of the developments had been done twice in that time. It seems that the road planning policies change faster than the lights at each end of the roadworks.
Any more nominations for the (fictional) Annual Roadworks Awards?