cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip Off Britain Again

geoffp0
Grafter

Rip Off Britain Again

UK drivers were hit with a fuel hike days before the Budget - while in Europe prices FELL, it was revealed last night.
Unleaded prices abroad dipped by nearly TEN PER CENT in the week before the Chancellor's statement.
But in Britain they went up by more than 0.5p. And, as papers revealed on Saturday, most forecourts then failed to pass on in full George Osborne's 1p fuel cut.
Yet in Belgium prices fell 9.4 per cent - equal to 5.9p a litre - in Spain by 6.9 per cent and in Germany by 3.9 per cent.
The revelation will enrage UK drivers - and the AA yesterday renewed its call for an official fuel regulator to police forecourt prices.
19 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Rip Off Britain Again

they have gone down about 1p in this area this week
geoffp0
Grafter

Thats good news Pierre, havn't noticed it in Harwich yet, though I only top the cars up on Fridays Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

with that free program you get 19 extra looks a week, so for instance in the next week I am going to Chelmsford, Colchester and Bury St Edmunds and can check to see where to fill up, they get there info from Commercial travelers et al, who dont seem to use Asda, so I have to guess that they will be 2p a litre cheaper
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: pierre_pierre
with that free program you get 19 extra looks a week,

What free program? - All I saw was screen shots with no program name, download link or anything which would identify it.
A link would be appreciated.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have another look it does say petrolprices.com
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ah.. so its a website then. Ok cheers Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

[quote=pierre_pierre]they get there info from Commercial travelers et al, who dont seem to use Asda
I guess ASDA is not the cheapest in your area, as they are frequently one of the best buys listed in the regular email updates for my area -
pierre_pierre
Grafter

two points
petrolprices.com is a web site but you have to register to get the full service, and they will send you an e-mail  with your local info at a time period set by you
Purleigh, try Chelmsford or Westley(Bury St Edmunds) - no Asda shown although they are the cheapest  Strange one Bury St Edmunds, if you dont put in Westley it goes to Mildenhall
Steve
Seasoned Pro

In fir a penny In fir a poond!!
tinto
Grafter

Off topic but I hope the Mod(s) will forgive just this once.
I'd just been scanning old images into my computer, including one of HMT Vienna which many years ago used to ferry Service  personnel between Harwich and The Hook of Holland, and when I came on to Chit Chat the first thread up was from geoffp0,
I only sailed on her once, it was a rough crossing, and I've never been so ill in my life.  I used my web belt to lash myself into a bunk, and I still remember one poor squaddie sliding up and down the deck in time with the  pitch and toss groaning "Oh God, please let the %"*&$£ thing sink", until someone thumped him as he passed
Happy Days!!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: tinto
Off topic but I hope the Mod(s) will forgive just this once.
It's forgiven 24/7 on this forum  Roll eyes
Threads would otherwise be, in general, mighty short  Wink
Fixes: 104

[me=adiewoo]ponders slapping the off topic rule about a bit. [/me]
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

we forgive those who wander of the funny topped mountain
just look at the Chit Chat header
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

UK drivers were hit with a fuel hike days before the Budget - while in Europe prices FELL, it was revealed last night.
Unleaded prices abroad dipped by nearly TEN PER CENT in the week before the Chancellor's statement.

I was in Portugal since the 26th Feb ( got back on Sat ) and the prices only went one way whilst I was there, UP!. They went up at least twice totaling about 7 cents/litre. Unleaded was about Euro 1.57/litre last week.