cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rights

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Rights

Every now and then you hear of someone getting one over on the state due to some right that the law or judge misinterpreted and agreed with. There was a case last year where a prisoner argued he had a right to a family life for instance. 

So where would you find a list of these apparent rights?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Rights

I assume you are referring to this.

Community Veteran

That's what shoud happen, in reality it does not, I suspect virtually everyone on this forum can think of examples where these rights have been infringed with little or no action taken.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

The human rights act , its good in theory BUT Is being Abused by a few Sad

the people who its suposed to protect are still abused , and the abusers are getting away by using this law

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Problem is we need a human duties act. To much emphasis on entitlement and not enough emphasis on what you should contribute. Our fathers would not understand what we've done to the society they handed on to us Angry

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Not sure about that last sentence, our Fathers might not understand what we have done to society but I suspect it was as bad or even worse in their day as much was brushed under the carpet, children were never believed over what a adult said and the way some people were treated because of mental illness or some physical condition was awful.

Still goes on today but at least we recognise the fact and attempt to address it