cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riches Beyond Your Wildest Dreams

Community Veteran

Riches Beyond Your Wildest Dreams

I'm finished in North Carolina - maybe I should be heading for South Carolina  to see if i can locate this individual.
One Rich Person
It's an obscene amount of money (£260,000).  What would you do if you were the winner?
48 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Riches Beyond Your Wildest Dreams

Quote from: artmo
What would you do if you were the winner?

Be a lot happier and a lot better off!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

Don't you mean £260,000,000 Wink
It wouldn't change me - but it would sure change my lifestyle.
I know I'd want a buy a nice house somewhere by the coast - maybe have one specially designed for me.
It would be great to no longer have to worry about paying the bills or buying the cheapest foods/goods.
Put some in trust for my daughter, be a little philanthropic and just watch the interest build up Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I might give the bloke who sold me the winning ticket a fiver. Cheesy

Community Veteran

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
I might give the bloke who sold me the winning ticket a fiver remember my mate sprite being in the deep stuff and help him out .. maybe buy him a house, nice car (or at least fix his current one), take him out on a spending spree...

Oh jezza mate... I really didn't know you cared! I'm touched!. Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`d set myself up in business, drive flash cars, so I could tell everybody about them, and maybe open a place in HK to employ some poor misfits.  Cheesy
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: artmo
I'm finished in North Carolina - maybe I should be heading for South Carolina  to see if i can locate this individual.
One Rich Person
It's an obscene amount of money (£260,000).  What would you do if you were the winner?

Quote from: Mav
It wouldn't change me - but it would sure change my lifestyle.
I know I'd want a buy a nice house somewhere by the coast - maybe have one specially designed for me.
It would be great to no longer have to worry about paying the bills or buying the cheapest foods/goods.
Put some in trust for my daughter, be a little philanthropic and just watch the interest build up Cheesy

I have relatives in South Carolina !!
Not too far from Lexington...
Now where's my phone ?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav

@Mav, Sorry a slip of the zeros, you are of course right.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I'd maybe retain £5 Million, but have great fun finding useful causes to give the remainder of the money in grants of up to £20000.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK

I have relatives in South Carolina !!
Not too far from Lexington...
Now where's my phone ?

Talking of Windfalls !!
Hurricane Sandy October 2012
Quote from: PlusComUK

Artmo, are you safe where you are ?
I have relatives in South Carolina, they always seem to be near these events.
Looks like relatives in Toronto may be affected this time too.
(I went to Walt Disney World in Florida, the week after Katrina, not much obvious damage on site, just lots of fallen trees)

Community Veteran

I think I'd setup a R&D place for new technologies and engineering projects for both researching new in-house stuff and helping others to make their ideas a reality.
I believe that it's important that the UK gets ahead again. For some reason ministers in this country have become very complacent with technological development disappearing from the UK and this is not right.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: Sprite

I think I'd setup a R&D place for new technologies and engineering projects for both researching new in-house stuff and helping others to make their ideas a reality.

I fully back this.

Brian Cox last night praised British Inventing, Science Britannica BBC2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_%28physicist%29
(And.... I worked with  D:Ream during a Live Blue Peter from the Science Museum !)
(Before Tony Blair hijacked the song...... "Things can only get better" !)

As  David Cameron also praised British Inventing recently, at a G20 Presser.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/cameron-defends-britains-accomplishments-after-g20-indigni...

Community Veteran

Thing is PC, the UK used to be a leader of innovation and now we do very little and as a nation we seem to have little real ambition to do anything about it. Everyone in the younger generations seems happy to go out getting drunk and living the easy life rather than doing anything along the lines of R&D or developing new tech.
Something must be done to change this. When I was a kid new inventions, tech, engineered things were something you would 'WOW!' at. These days people think you're a nerd or freak if you admire something great - I think this is very sad. If we look at China they pride themselves on having 100+k engineers graduating every year and creating new stuff. All the best tech now comes from that country including the flatscreen TVs in homes that have them.
I like the way that James Dyson has an award for people inventing new stuff too. There aren't many folks left in this country inventing stuff compared to generations ago. Sure, you'll always have backyard sheds with people trying but the percentage of them that will be successful will always be pretty low and with a low percentage of those types of people left, that number of successful people will be even lower.
My dream would be to setup a R&D company that does its own in-house R&D but also helps others to make their ideas real by providing facilities (workshops, tools, technicians, designers, accomodation etc) and financing to make these things a reality.
Community Veteran

PCUK I'm not in SC.  If you read my first post I said I was in NC.  Had to attend a conference. Moving on now.
There really is no need to always quote other posters. Regular forum members find it unnecessary.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Do you always write in acronyms?  Roll eyes