Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenge on the clampers !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Revenge on the clampers !

Happy day ! ! ! ! ........
went to a local shopping area, this morning, and went to park in the usual car park..... went to pay at the machine, as it is (now) a privately run car park...... ( disabled have to pay also)...
to give a bit of history,.... In (most of) hampshire, disabled badge holders are exempt from parking charges at roadside meters, and council owned car parks...
This particular car park, has, for years and years and years and.... well it seems forever, been FREE to all shoppers... UNTIL... the council employed a clamping firm to operate it.... they put up some signs saying that it was now "Private Property", and charges would apply etc etc etc.... failure to obtain permission (they mean ticket) to park would result in being clamped......
needless to say, there have been numerous people, literally, caught out....  including disabled parked in properly marked disabled bays.... and it has been a bone of contention ever since it started..... I even saw the clampers sitting in their van in the carpark waiting to pounce on anyone who just walked away from their car...... ( these two thugs, must have made thousands of pounds in the past year)...  including a lady who, went to the machine, could not find the right coins, and was walking back to her car, when the clamp had just been locked onto her wheels..... She protested, of course, but the clampers were insistent that she pay the £120 removal fee,  until I walked up and showed my camera and intimated that I had photographed the incident... when they backed off and released her....
anyway. to get back to today....  why  "Happy day"  HuhHuh? well, someone, (not me) had spiked their pay machine with expanding foam....  Shocked in the coin slot and up the ticket slot.... What a laugh... Grin Grin Grin

. I have had a smile on my face all day long.! ! ! !... Smiley Smiley
here is a pic of two of their machines......
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Revenge on the clampers !

LOL
101 uses for expanding foam eh? Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@shutter:- very funny

pin2011
Grafter

What a good idea!!! I must put the expanding foam on my shopping list.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

A happy day indeed, shutter - you've certainly brightened mine!  Grin Grin
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Hope there was no CCTV covering the car park ticket machine, almost impossible to anywhere these days without being on CCTV !
Community Veteran

Not really had a "good look around" but I don`t think it is covered by CCTV.  no "obvious" thick poles been planted in unusual places ! ! ...
I reckon it will cost a fortune to get them replaced..... even more to have them cleaned and refurbed ! ! ! ... what a wheeze ! ! !  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Not that I condone this of course Smiley
But if they wanted to be really evil, they could have put something into the locks of the machines too. Then it'll have to be broken into (not easy) to be repaired rather than just opened.
tinto
Grafter

I'm glad to say clamping isn't permitted in Scotland, but "well done"  to whoever  plugged the ticket machines 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Something like this happened a couple of years ago "expanding foam into parking meters" in one of the London Boroughs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8608299.stm
Community Veteran

Here is a short video of the clamper getting chased by an irate mother, who`s son was clamped....... (same car park)

Local MP has been involved in trying to get them removed, and also they have been fined for their actions,  but licence not revoked
More info if you Google "Cosham Clampers"......
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: journeys
Something like this happened a couple of years ago "expanding foam into parking meters" in one of the London Boroughs.

Yes, that's why some councils such as Westminster and my own have done away with parking meters/P&D's making it mobile phone only parking.
Therefore, you're pretty screwed if you don't have a mobile and a credit/debit card.
So now you have to pay, to pay to park. Good eh?